Macaw picky eaters

Boopzhart

Mar 23, 2022
Media
West Alexandria Ohio
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw named Moe
HELP ā€¦ Is all our fids picky eaters ?? I give Moe fresh fruits & veggies but his bird food heā€™s trying to break the bank ā€¦.. have yet to find macaw food that he will actually eat ā€¦ he picks very little out of it and leaves the rest. End up throwing out over 3/4 of the bag. Iā€™m on my 2nd try. He does NOT eat the small seeds that comes in the food , he does not like corn and very seldom will he eat the peppers

Attachments

• 0267A9E6-B721-46C8-8FCA-526EC1D61E09.jpeg
    0267A9E6-B721-46C8-8FCA-526EC1D61E09.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 57

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
HELP ā€¦ Is all our fids picky eaters ?? I give Moe fresh fruits & veggies but his bird food heā€™s trying to break the bank ā€¦.. have yet to find macaw food that he will actually eat ā€¦ he picks very little out of it and leaves the rest. End up throwing out over 3/4 of the bag. Iā€™m on my 2nd try. He does NOT eat the small seeds that comes in the food , he does not like corn and very seldom will he eat the peppers
What brands have you tried? Parrots are picky by nature, so finding a mix they will eat can be tough. All of my birds eat and love Dr. Harvey's

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yep picky by nature. We had Salty eating the Tropical Fruit version of Nutraberries. THe store was out but had ones with cranberries in them. Salty refused to even touch them, looking askance at them in his bowl, I wound up throwing a whole bag of them away. ANd I found the ones he likes and he is back to eating them right up! If he was my kid, I would have said 'Eat it or dont, but you aint getting anything else', but you cant do that with parrots, they WILL starve themselves rather than eat something they dont like.

Most Reactions

Latest posts