Maine rescues?

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
I need to know of a bird rescue in Maine by 5 EST tonight! Please help, Chrissy (my budgie) had an unfortunate accident, and my grandfather wants to take me out and get a new budgie tonight. I would like to adopt immediately (if possible) any place BUT Seymour bird refuge. (That's a long 4 hour dive just to get there!)

Sent from my iPod touch

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Sorry to hear that Chrissy has passed, fly free little one.

What happened to her, very sad to hear this as she was so young? Sometimes it is best to just wait a little while, not do things in a rush. I am sure you are upset at losing Chrissy. Very sorry.

OP
ParrotLover2001

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
Yeah I would rather wait, but my grandfather leaves tomorrow (back to Nevada!) and he wants to get me a new one. So I would like to adopt. If no rescues then it's back to the store. I've already checked online but it comes up with Seymour bird refuge.

Sent from my iPod touch

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
What happened to Chrissy ParrotLover2001? Sometimes you need to stop and assess before bringing in another. Was it an illness or possible disease or something else?

OP
ParrotLover2001

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
Cat attack. I had Elvis and Chrissy in Jordan's cage while I cleaned the other cage. When it came time to move them back into their cage. Chrissy got away from me the cat ran after him. I didn't even know she was in the room. I'm upset with this accident, I haven't even had him for a year. I called around looking a vet to take him. But they kept telling me to call another place. I couldn't find a vet to take him quick enough, by time I found a vet (a 2 hour drive) he had passed.

Sent from my iPod touch

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
By entering Parrot Rescues located in Maine, I found fourteen.

But, lets Stop for a minute here! Rescue Centers are not like Pet Stores. As you know with Pet Stores, you show-up, select a Parrot, pay for it and maybe buy a bit of food, possibly even a toy and you are in and out within a hour at most, likely shorter. At a Rescue Center, rarely do you leave with the Parrot on the same day!

So, although I truly appreciate your want to obtain your next Parrot from a Rescue Center. Your timeline will likely get in the way of you getting a replacement Parrot today. Sorry!

Most Reactions

Latest posts