Making progress!

Kitty16

Jun 10, 2022
US, Indiana
Parrots
2 Blue Budgies, the female is Skittle and the male is Milo.
Yesterday I was able to get both of my budgies on my hand at the same time, I have a male and a female, there names are Milo and Skittle, Skittle is still very scared of hands and this is the first time she fully went on my hand, I used a honey coated treat but I plan to switch to spray millet, I do not have spray millet yet so I used what I had, I don’t suggest using honey coated treats for your parrots because it can be pretty unhealthy but I only use it as an occasional treat or for training, I also let them fly around in my bathroom with their cage door open, it might be the only room I can let them fly in, I have a lot of cats. Here’s a picture of a Milo!
6CDE21EA-8B40-4256-BA41-10F4DD539816.jpeg

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Yesterday I was able to get both of my budgies on my hand at the same time, I have a male and a female, there names are Milo and Skittle, Skittle is still very scared of hands and this is the first time she fully went on my hand, I used a honey coated treat but I plan to switch to spray millet, I do not have spray millet yet so I used what I had, I don’t suggest using honey coated treats for your parrots because it can be pretty unhealthy but I only use it as an occasional treat or for training, I also let them fly around in my bathroom with their cage door open, it might be the only room I can let them fly in, I have a lot of cats. Here’s a picture of a Milo!View attachment 40917
Yaaayyyyyy! It makes me so happy to hear about successful training.

Just wondering, what room do you keep them in? You said you have a lot of cats. You'll need to find a room for them that is away from the cats, or at least secure the cage.

OP
Kitty16

Kitty16

Jun 10, 2022
US, Indiana
Parrots
2 Blue Budgies, the female is Skittle and the male is Milo.
Yaaayyyyyy! It makes me so happy to hear about successful training.

Just wondering, what room do you keep them in? You said you have a lot of cats. You'll need to find a room for them that is away from the cats, or at least secure the cage.
We have it in different places for different times, when we are up we have them in the living room so we can watch them easily and during the night we have them in our bedroom, we keep a blanket over the cage when they’re going to sleep to block any light or cats, the cage is very secure especially against cats, they won’t be able to harm the birds while they’re in the cage. How I mentioned the spray millet before, we ordered some yesterday so it’ll probably come today, I’m excited to see if they’ll like it!

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
I'm glad to hear you're making progress! It's a wonderful feeling having your bird trust you enough to decide to be on you that first time!

Most Reactions