Male budgie addicted to reflection in food bowls, how do I fix this?

Birdielover123

Aug 21, 2022
Parrots
Two budgerigars
I used to have a mirror in my budgie's cage, he got addicted to his reflection during that time, a while later I found out that mirrors are bad for birds so I removed it, but now he is still obsessed with his reflection and pecks at and chirps at his reflection in his stainless steel food and water bowls, or anything he can see his reflection in, him and my other budgie need their food of course so removing them is out of the question. So, does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Parrot Pleasures

Aug 23, 2022
Parrots
2 budgies
Hello. I think the easiest way to fix this problem is to stop using that bowl as it is very reflective. I have seen bowls on Amazon with a plastic layer on the outside, so if your parakeet is staring at the outside of the bowl that might fix it. Also, you could try ceramic bird food bowls as well.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Brillo Pad and scratch the reflected surfaces of the Stainless bowl. The resulting mat finish will not reflect. Assure that you fully wash the bowls afterwords and assure that you rise well with fresh water prior to use.

Most Reactions

Latest posts