Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
This Month's Theme:
Lucky, Lucky, Lucky!
The month of March brings us St. Patrick's Day,
and
talk of
"Luck of the Irish" and such. πŸ€
This thought reminded me of something I talk about EVERY DAY...

How very lucky I am to have the privilege of
sharing my life with some truly amazing beings, my birdies. ❀️❀️❀️

So, this time, let's see pictures that show
what we all know and feel: How lucky and blessed we are
that our birds allow us to serve them, be with them,
and most of all, love them.

Snuggly Baxter...
20221228_122528.jpg
20230212_114427.jpg

πŸ€

Happy, comfy, chilling with dad, fluffy head Avery...
20230303_142221.jpg

πŸ€

My little love bug, Tucker...
20230129_222511.jpg

Without a doubt, I'm three times blessed,
and VERY

Lucky, lucky, lucky! :)

πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€
The contest will run from now until the morning of March 29th (Eastern USA time) at which time there will be a three day polling period. Winner will be announced the morning of April 1st. The winner will receive a free, one year Premium Membership to Parrot Forums, and the winning entry will be displayed on the forum homepage for the following month. The winning photo will also be automatically entered into our Photo of the Year Contest for next year!!!

Only one "Official Entry" per person, however, you may submit as many "Just for Fun" entries as you like! Videos and photoshopped images will be allowed, but not required. Please don't forget to tell us your bird's name in your post. :)
Good luck everyone!
πŸ€

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh wow, what a wonderfully inspired contest theme, Jon! All of your birdies sure got lucky in triplicate when they got to come home with you πŸ’– Now to go put my thinking cap on and come up with a worthy entry!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Jon, wow! I love your theme, and I can't wait to see all the entries and JFFs. I think we're going to see lots of lucky parronts and their birds this time around. Better keep my kleenex close.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Official Entry - Lovejoy, Jem, Val & Fang star in "The Team Meeting :)"

I am the very lucky parront of a flock of four (reasonably🀞) well-behaved little birds, all of whom get on (fairlyπŸ™) happily together. Bringing a new birdie into the household is always a gamble as we never know how they'll fit in with the existing flock members - luckily Lovejoy has slotted right in and is now bestest buddies with Val, they are SO lucky to have each other! And I am lucky and so very blessed to be mum to all four of them πŸ’– πŸ’– πŸ’– πŸ’–

theflockerscoollightfilterpotm.jpeg

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

I am the very lucky parront of a flock of four (reasonably🀞) well-behaved little birds, all of whom get on (fairlyπŸ™) happily together. Bringing a new birdie into the household is always a gamble as we never know how they'll fit in with the existing flock members - luckily Lovejoy has slotted right in and is now bestest buddies with Val, they are SO lucky to have each other! And I am lucky and so very blessed to be mum to all four of them πŸ’– πŸ’– πŸ’– πŸ’–

View attachment 48094
Awwwwwww! And WE are all very lucky to share in your journey with them. A gorgeous flock of souls fortunate to have you as their mum! β™₯️

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
A gorgeous flock of souls fortunate to have you as their mum! β™₯️
They're my "sunshine on a rainy day", and such an easy quartet to love πŸ’

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Okay, first of all, The Rb and I would like to know if you would adopt us.
Second... thanks for a great theme... the perfect opportunity to show you how lucky you'd be to have us!!!!!
I've got the paperwork rolling already! ❀️ Wait, can I adopt my own big sister? I'll have to look into that. We can surely give it a try :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

View attachment 48094
I adore your beautiful flock, Mart, they are so lucky to have you, and you them. I also love watching your journey together.
It looks like Fang is standing watch while the others are in their meeting. With the side-eye Lovejoy is giving you, the meeting may be about how to get to the treats without Mom seeing. :D

I've got the paperwork rolling already! ❀️ Wait, can I adopt my own big sister? I'll have to look into that. We can surely give it a try :)
Lol, expect to receive adoption papers in the mail like I did when she long-distance adopted Xander!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
This Month's Theme:
Lucky, Lucky, Lucky!
and
talk of

Snuggly Baxter...
View attachment 48036View attachment 48039
πŸ€

View attachment 48040

πŸ€

View attachment 48038

and VERY

The contest will run from now until the morning of March 29th (Eastern USA time) at which time there will be a three day polling period. Winner will be announced the morning of April 1st. The winner will receive a free, one year Premium Membership to Parrot Forums, and the winning entry will be displayed on the forum homepage for the following month. The winning photo will also be automatically entered into our Photo of the Year Contest for next year!!!

Only one "Official Entry" per person, however, you may submit as many "Just for Fun" entries as you like! Videos and photoshopped images will be allowed, but not required. Please don't forget to tell us your bird's name in your post. :)
Good luck everyone!
πŸ€
Great theme for this month, and since March 17 is World Budgie Day, I'd like to enter my precious budgie, Rocky BalBirden, who I raised from an egg, in this month's contest because she's one of the world's luckiest budgies. Her Mama couldn't incubate and raise her so I had to do it myself, and I had no experience at all. If I hadn't followed expert advice Rocky wouldn't even be alive, so she's a pretty darn lucky budgie!
IMG_20221109_032430399.jpg

IMG_20221110_020801123.jpg

IMG_20221122_102233500.jpg
IMG_20221203_110903069.jpg
IMG_20221210_200940860.jpg

IMG_20230227_155847228.jpg

IMG_20230127_113801614.jpg

Babyphila

Mar 30, 2022
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo - Baby
Great theme for this month, and since March 17 is World Budgie Day, I'd like to enter my precious budgie, Rocky BalBirden, who I raised from an egg, in this month's contest because she's one of the world's luckiest budgies. Her Mama couldn't incubate and raise her so I had to do it myself, and I had no experience at all. If I hadn't followed expert advice Rocky wouldn't even be alive, so she's a pretty darn lucky budgie!
View attachment 48179
View attachment 48180
View attachment 48182View attachment 48183View attachment 48185
View attachment 48186

View attachment 48188
That's an awesome series of pics.

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Okay, first of all, The Rb and I would like to know if you would adopt us.
Second... thanks for a great theme... the perfect opportunity to show you how lucky you'd be to have us!!!!!
Just For Fun............................................

Okay, wait a gosh darn minute.
Great theme. I think I can make it work or a bunch of us!!
I'm going to keep MY HEN (the delightfully coquettish and lucky GaleriaGila) but I will happily forfeit the immense LUCKINESS which The Rickeybird imparts to daily life, from morning to night, year 'round, oh yes indeed.
Following is a brief digital sampling of this lucky, lucky luckiness.

Ah, the cute little things he does all day long.
we.jpg

He just loves St. Pat's Day!
BOO2.jpg

And of course, the Celtic Booty Song...............................
His version, something like Booty, booty, whatcha got a big booty o the dance floor. Booty! B'gosh!

He speaks Gaelic! Here he wishes you all a sparkling emerald green month, with a special nod to Jon for coming up with the idea!
overlord.jpg

I'll look around for some more Celtic inspirations in the Rb scrapbook and elsewhere.

Oh, and here's a little guy she adopted. Not sure where she hides him. But he can go, too. His name is Zander.
Green.jpg

Yeah, whatever.
Anyway, let's talk. I'm starting to feel lucky. How about you? :)

Peace out
Rival.............

FlockOf18

Mar 10, 2023
Media
Parrots
I have an Indian Ringneck, Parrotlets and also non-parrots - budgies and cockatiels :-)
Hi everyone πŸ‘‹πŸΌ

I’ve just stumbled across this website and so happy to join!

I have 15 beautiful feathered babies πŸ₯°

I’ll post my latest addition for my official entry, an Indian Ringneck, only had him for a month, because his/her name is πŸ’šπŸ€ LUCKY! πŸ€πŸ’š

I also have the pleasure of sharing my life with 10 budgies, 2 cockatiels and 2 parrotlets πŸ₯° (and 2 furbabies but that’s for another site lol)

My budgies are named Bluey, Louie, Cali, Tweety Pie, Apple, Crumble, Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter ❀️

My cockatiels are named Pippin and Chicken ❀️ (Both rescues)

My parrotlets are named Ronnie and Reggie ❀️ (Both rescues)

And of course, as I said, my IRN is named Lucky πŸ€ ❀️

All have free flight from morning until night, very VERY spoilt and all very much loved. They’re helping me through one of the toughest times in my life, and for that I’m forever grateful.

Sorry to go on and for all the photos, it’s hard to choose isn’t it!!

Rachel x

Attachments

• 4768F040-D6AA-4C4A-900A-98761AAF042D.jpeg
    4768F040-D6AA-4C4A-900A-98761AAF042D.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 7D3FA7FC-6C1C-408E-9CAA-120D9D8465BF.jpeg
    7D3FA7FC-6C1C-408E-9CAA-120D9D8465BF.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 42
  • CC451350-3F7F-4434-85EF-B6E46AEB7C14.jpeg
    CC451350-3F7F-4434-85EF-B6E46AEB7C14.jpeg
    200 KB · Views: 41
  • 14A28A98-A3A9-4EC4-AA17-1B09CC48BBBE.jpeg
    14A28A98-A3A9-4EC4-AA17-1B09CC48BBBE.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 43
  • 3308644C-89D3-42EE-8454-D92E7629D888.jpeg
    3308644C-89D3-42EE-8454-D92E7629D888.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 3260B1CE-888C-4E0E-A5D2-101409A168E3.jpeg
    3260B1CE-888C-4E0E-A5D2-101409A168E3.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 43

Doremon734

Jan 7, 2023
Media
Parrots
Alexandrine Parakeet
This Month's Theme:
Lucky, Lucky, Lucky!
and
talk of

Snuggly Baxter...
View attachment 48036View attachment 48039
πŸ€

View attachment 48040

πŸ€

View attachment 48038

and VERY

Good luck everyone!
πŸ€
official entry

My luck is that I got to spend a whole year with Sherlock and I hope to spend more with him too! He is currently a 1 year old.

Attachments

• BCE2881D-B5E7-4B8B-A544-77C4594BC79C.jpeg
    BCE2881D-B5E7-4B8B-A544-77C4594BC79C.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 148
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts