Mathew & Mia's favorite food

eman

Jul 10, 2021
Kuwait
Parrots
Rainbow Lories: Mathew & Mia 🤍
Hello everyone,

It's been long since I post something. I was away for few months, and each time I want to check the forum or post something, I got distracted. I Really miss the forum and everyone in!

During these months I was watching Mathew & Mia's eating habit. I gave them different fruits and vegetables and some recipes that I mixed with their nectar. I noticed that there's no specific type of fruits or vegetables they stick to. Their food preference kept changing during the weeks. However, they really always love eating grapes, pomegranate, watermelon and fresh corn. Among all the fruits, vegetables and herbs Mathew & Mia tried, they love apple, pea, pear, cherry, spinach, kale, baby corn, carrot, broccoli, mint, and oregano.

I also blend different vegetables and fruits to create some recipes to mix with their nectar, and they really love the blended boiled carrot and pumpkin mixed with the nectar (it's their favorite mix). I first boil pumpkin and carrot then blend them with water and add the nectar to it, and wow I'm finally seeing their nectar bowls empty! I also serve them their nectar mixed with some safe spices that are healthy for them. They love ginger, turmeric, wheatgrass powder, and Ceylon cinnamon. I add a very little amount of one or sometimes two of them to their nectar. I hope this benefits whoever struggles to find what their lory/lorikeet bird loves. Excuse my weak writing as English is not my first language.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Thanks for posting, it's great to see you again! I don't actually know much about lories and lorikeets but I'm sure you helped someone out there!
Mathew and Mia sound wonderful! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts