Maxine Is Just Too Smart

Mar 23, 2023
Parrots
Green Wing - Maxine
Conure - Apple
We haven't had Maxine but a month or two, and sometimes I think she's too smart for her own good. We have already taught her to say "Hi" and she knows her name, so often we'll hear her saying "Hi Maxine". It's cute as hell listening to her. But the reason I say she's too smart for her own good is because she's smarter than I am! The only thing I ever learned in less than two months was how to fart when I hit the ground after falling.

Attachments

• Maxine4.JPG
    Maxine4.JPG
    215.5 KB · Views: 41

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Yeah, too smart stories...

Sweepea learned to unbolt cages, and then became so enthusiastic about her new found skill that she took every nut and bolt out of every cage in the bird room... I came home to complete and utter devastation.

Oh, and I had 11 birds at the time. So that's a lot of cages to reassemble on the fly. WITH LOCK NUTS THIS TIME!!!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yeah, too smart stories...

Sweepea learned to unbolt cages, and then became so enthusiastic about her new found skill that she took every nut and bolt out of every cage in the bird room... I came home to complete and utter devastation.

Oh, and I had 11 birds at the time. So that's a lot of cages to reassemble on the fly. WITH LOCK NUTS THIS TIME!!!
I had a Goffin's Cockatoo that loved to unscrew all the hex nuts holding his cage panels together while he was inside the cage almost causing it to collapse and crush him to death! The tall cage panels also made the legs of the stand so I wrapped duct tape around the legs to hold the panels together.

Most Reactions