Me and my family are a little unsure of our conures breed?

TheOnlyJamDodge

Aug 30, 2021
United Kingdom!
Parrots
[30/08/2021] A baby green cheeked conure named Eddie!
Hello again! My second post on here, hope everyone's having a great day :]

So basically, I will link some photos, but we were told we were dating a red fronted conure! Quite frankly, I didn't mind about the breed. The moment we saw the baby pictures we were whipped.

However, it's been over a week now, and from photos online, red fronted conures have a red head, and then are mainly green. However, Eddie has a grey head, orange/yellow stomach, green, blue and red wings. A true rainbow bird!

I made a similar post elsewhere and the answers were all over! But I was hoping maybe some people would have a better idea here :D

Again, I don't mind whatever he is, but I'd love to know :]

Thank you to any suggestions!!
1631099975440.png
1631099958580.png

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Hello!

There's no "breeds" in birds, we usually talk about species or colour mutations. Since we're talking about your lovely Green Cheek conure, in this case the questions which colour mutation.

From what I see it's a wonderful yellow sided GCC! A true rainbow bird :D In your pictures I don't really see well the front, but if it has a lot of red (and I mean a lot!) on the belly and chest high up, it is something we call "high red", never heard of "red fronted" :D

IN your pictures I don't see such intense red so I don't think it's a high red, just your usual very pretty yellow sided GCC!

Take a look on the link below, it shows some most common and very beautiful colour mutations in GCCs!

OP
TheOnlyJamDodge

TheOnlyJamDodge

Aug 30, 2021
United Kingdom!
Parrots
[30/08/2021] A baby green cheeked conure named Eddie!
Hello!

There's no "breeds" in birds, we usually talk about species or colour mutations. Since we're talking about your lovely Green Cheek conure, in this case the questions which colour mutation.

From what I see it's a wonderful yellow sided GCC! A true rainbow bird :D In your pictures I don't really see well the front, but if it has a lot of red (and I mean a lot!) on the belly and chest high up, it is something we call "high red", never heard of "red fronted" :D

IN your pictures I don't see such intense red so I don't think it's a high red, just your usual very pretty yellow sided GCC!

Take a look on the link below, it shows some most common and very beautiful colour mutations in GCCs!
thank you so much!! this is so awesome to learn about, glad to know his unique colours match his unique personality :D truly, tysm!!

ZoeyBear

Jul 27, 2021
Media
United states
Parrots
Zoey (GCC) R.I.P
R.I.P Skittles (GCC)
it definitely looks like a yellow sided GCC and a very pretty one two. congratulations on the new bird

Most Reactions