Meet Ticka, Scarlet, Alex and Myself!

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
Hi everyone!
Been on the fourm for a few weeks now, but thought i'd intorduce myself!
My names Brodie, im almost 20 and from Melbourne, in Australia! I grew up with birds, everyone in my family has many birds, ranging from Cockatiels, to zon's, Eclectus', Magpies (My uncle hand reard oe that fell out of a nest), Cockatoos, Conures, Ans so on. I was baby sitter for most of these birds when everyone went on holiday for many years because i was the only one who could stand staying with this many birds, spending enough time with each, and feeding them all every day!
Im starting Zoology at University next year, hopefully getting a job at the Melbourne Zoo after i finish the 4 year course!
I Love animals and anything to do with them!
I have 4 Bearded dragons, A stimpson python, a FL Scorpion And an American Pittbull, Dont worry about what you hear, his a sweetheart, Lazy too! Lol.
I have a Male 11 month old Cockatiel, Ticka, and god does he have character!
He does what he wants, he runs the place, and everything he wants he gets, like a 10 year old spoilt At the moment he loves the new Cadbury add, where there putting all the smarties n stuff into that melted chocolate, it whistles a tune at the start. He sings with it, dances around like an idiot, then he gets sad when it ends. He loves my boyfriend the most, he will scream when his not in the same room, gets excited and dances around the cage when Dean walks in. But his a sweetheart, he will chat to me for a while, "Come on, come on ticka! What chu
doin boy, tick, tick, tick, come on!" Then he will scream, just because he knows it's so ear piercing haha.
I recently moved out of Mum's house, and i left behind my 5 yr old Alexandrine, Alex (I know, how original!) Mum loved her, she wouldnt let me take her! Plus she was more the family Parrot, but we always had a bunch of ringnecks and other birds out the back in our avairy when i was a kid, i loved growing up with all the different birds i got to meet, and the new ones my uncle would bring home every now and then to live with us, we ended up with quite a few! Anyway! Alex turned evil after i left, she wont let anyone touch her anymore unless shes off her cage. Occasionally i can get her onto my shoulder off her cage, but that means spending about an hour with her by myself first, she wont step up, she will just lunge at me till i give her as much food as she feels like, then she might come to me. Seen quite a few people on here having trouble with their Alex's aswell, being overly protective of their cages, cant get them off, but you can get them off the floor, or anywhere else thats not their cage! Guess im not the only one with a little terror of an Alex! She loves mum though, she sings with mum while she does the house work, calls mums dogs, says a hell of alot of words, she is extremly smart and at one point could even unlock her old cage! But i love her the way she is, shes adorable :)
My newest member is Scarlet, Shes a 14 week old Eclectus, Absolutly beautiful. I wanted a bird i can bond with, one i can have for the rest if not most of my life, my new best friend. :) I know not to have expectations coz the bird might not turn out how your expecting, and well, i dont, but i know it's going to take time and i've got nothing but time! Although thats one reason i joined this fourm, not only did i want to be able to meet people from all over the world, with all different birds, but i thought if i needed help with something you guys will be more then willing to help if you can :)
So i bring Scarlet home on Sunday, just two more days! I have met her twice already, her cage is set up and ready, and im going shopping for her tomorrow for some different treats, toys and food! Shes going to be just as spoilt as ticka is, if not more, when his not around to see of course, lol.
Maybe one day i'll get myself my dream bird, a Blue & Gold Macaw... one can only wish down here in Australia!
Anyway, just wanted to say hi, maybe write a book... as i have :rolleyes: Accidently lol. Sorry if i bored you guys! Thanks for reading!

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Hello Brodie and welcome to the forum :)

You have a large flock :) Congrats on your new addition... Would love to see pics :)

OP
Brodie

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
Pics of Scarlet are up now! will have more of everyone else soon :)

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
She is adorable:) You can upload pics onto your post as well... Here is how to do it :)

When you are creating your post, go into attachments, click on upload from Computer, then browse.. click on the pic you want to show, then click on upload.... or if you have photobucket just hover mouse over the image then left click on IMG and it will say copied, then just paste into your message box, go onto preview post and it will show if it has gone in properly:)

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Hi Brodie and welcome :)
Scarlet is beautiful ! Enjoy the forum :)

Adinafloyd

Jul 8, 2012
Slaughter, La
Parrots
Jax (CAG)
Scarlet (Ekkie)
Toot (TAG)
(YNA-Nappy, Gone but never ever far from my heart)
Hi and welcome. We to have a 14 week old ekkie named Scarlet. She absolutely loves sprouts, Crazy corn cooked diet- the polly pasta one, and mamas birdie bread. Her main food is lotsa veggies sprinkled with sprouts and a couple of nutriberies. The cooked stuff she gets after she eats her veggies and spouts. Kinda like a treat between meals. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new baby

IMG187.jpg

Most Reactions