Mine and Toms progres.

amandamincis

Aug 7, 2022
Parrots
The parrot whith the red cheeks
2 pale heded rosellas
So I have started giving Tom(my cocatille) fewer millets and I don't think that he's too happy about it. He eats fruits and vegetables, but not as much as millets, and he is now more friendly and appears to be more interested in eating millets from my hand. For the first few days, I did give the millets from a stick, but since the sticks didn't have many millets on them, and since Tom really wanted to get moust of them, he did get really close to my hand and, if needed, would even try to bite my fingers to get them to move out of the way of millets. I am really glad that Tom is getting back to his old self. He is, however, still not ready to allow me to give him some head scraches and stuff. I think I'll give him at least 1–2 more months before I try to tuch his head and stuff. Anyways, do you all have any suggestions on how I can bond more with my bird? I do spend a lot of time with him, but I want to interact with him more than just feeding him.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Try only Good Things Happen when you are around.
Limiting hand contact is a good idea.
If 'stuff' includes petting, remove that from your list as most Parrots are not that keen on Petting.
Everything takes time.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
We have a great thread here that might be of some help for you.
As always, patience and more patience. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts