Miniature drums for GCC

InkoGreencheek

Feb 24, 2022
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Hello all! I have a green cheek conure, Yuki, and he loves using his feet and copying whatever we humans do. I drum a lot and he sees me and gets happy, so Iā€™m wondering if anyone here has made or bought any small drums for their own parrots. Iā€™ve searched some online and only found one parrot safe one, and the face of the drumhead was a mirror, which I know isnā€™t good to keep within sight of a parrot. Iā€™ve also looked around a little at how to make miniature drums, but they all include non-parrot safe materials that I donā€˜t know how to substitute. Has anyone here made their parrots musical instruments? Any kind at all, even if they arenā€™t drums Iā€™m sure Yuki would love to play guitar or something with my sister, and if so, could you post a picture of said toys? Thank you in advance (and hereā€™s the pet tax!)

Attachments

• 5328A774-A781-464F-BF5B-306C66517299.jpeg
    5328A774-A781-464F-BF5B-306C66517299.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 58

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Hello all! I have a green cheek conure, Yuki, and he loves using his feet and copying whatever we humans do. I drum a lot and he sees me and gets happy, so Iā€™m wondering if anyone here has made or bought any small drums for their own parrots. Iā€™ve searched some online and only found one parrot safe one, and the face of the drumhead was a mirror, which I know isnā€™t good to keep within sight of a parrot. Iā€™ve also looked around a little at how to make miniature drums, but they all include non-parrot safe materials that I donā€˜t know how to substitute. Has anyone here made their parrots musical instruments? Any kind at all, even if they arenā€™t drums Iā€™m sure Yuki would love to play guitar or something with my sister, and if so, could you post a picture of said toys? Thank you in advance (and hereā€™s the pet tax!)
What about using a little cylindrical jar that booms when you tap it with a fingernail or beak?

If you can find something that makes a good noise when tapped your bird might really like it.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I wonder if a tiny Tupperware type covered dish would ā€˜boomā€™ when tapped on?

One forum member has a bird who enjoys tapping on a water bottle.

Most Reactions

Latest posts