Miss Sassy INR

Roseann

Feb 15, 2023
I have taken ownership of my next door neighbors INR, the wife is in long term care with dementia. When the wife brought Sassy home 5 years ago, she took to me immediately, always excited to see me, I would stay and talk to her through her cage. Whenever I would visit, she would scream until I came over to her, some days I felt bad because I didn't have time. The husband has his daughter living with him now, as he has health issues. So I brought Sassy to my home to take care of her, the daughter didn't have time to care for her.
I've had Sassy since OCT 2022, she has come a long way. From never out of her cage to having her own room - her cage is brought out daily. She now is free to fly in one part of my house. She wants to be with me constantly sitting on my shoulder, curious about everything I do, especially in the kitchen.
I am retired, work part time. We had 5 cats over a 20 year period, the last one is not doing well, and I spend time with him as much as I can. Before I took Sassy I said no more pets, so I didn't intend to keep Sassy, I reached out to a Parrot Rescue to find her a good home. I don't have the time or the length of commitment it takes for her, but she has bonded with me. I feel awful that I have to do this, I know it's better for her. The hard part is I feel so guilty, it's unbearable.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Welcome to the forums!

I'm so glad you were able to step in to help Sassy even if it's not meant to be forever.

I'm fostering a parrot right now for someone with health issues, and he really loves me. It was immediate, and he's so sweet. But I know I wouldn't be able to keep him permanently if it came to that, and I really hope I don't ever have to make that choice. I would be exactly where you are now.

It's amazing how fast these little creatures get into our hearts, isn't it? Sassy is a lucky girl to have you, even just for a while, to show her how much joy she can have in life :)

OP
R

Roseann

Feb 15, 2023
Welcome to the forums!

I'm so glad you were able to step in to help Sassy even if it's not meant to be forever.

I'm fostering a parrot right now for someone with health issues, and he really loves me. It was immediate, and he's so sweet. But I know I wouldn't be able to keep him permanently if it came to that, and I really hope I don't ever have to make that choice. I would be exactly where you are now.

It's amazing how fast these little creatures get into our hearts, isn't it? Sassy is a lucky girl to have you, even just for a while, to show her how much joy she can have in life :)
Thank you for your reply, your words did help me. Thanks Roseann

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I think it's wonderful what you've done for Rosie. Sometimes we are stepping stones on the way to their forever home, and you have prepared her well for that. She will always remember you and be grateful for the love and kindness you gave her.

Most Reactions