Miss Vickis open house! (pic heavy)

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
So yesterday for my 17th Birthday I went to donate 27 perches I made to Miss Vickis Parrot Villgae at their open house. It was so amazing I got to talk to the volunteers and the lady that runs it and I got to hold some birds I fell in love with Chico the Military x Buffons cross!!!! They had Three HUGE rooms just stacked full of cages and playstands sooooo many birds!!!

This is Dior she is a Blue&Gold that came in completely bald except for her head! She has since grown back some feathers but has some issues like she can be aggressive out of the blue and she attacks her legs a lot when she is frustrated they are debating putting a collar on her. She was kept in a basement and not played with the owner gave no toys because she destroyed them so the owner just stopped putting toys in there :( but now she is at the rescue and doing much better obviously even though she still doesn't have a tail or wing feathers.
13038642573_82b9b3f99b_z.jpg

13038645783_4e3558c817_z.jpg

I dont know this ones story but he has no toes!!! He was so cute and funny got around really well!
13038509335_c7d7f87e39_z.jpg

this one was such a cute Amazon so playful!!!
13038874584_ae9421493e_z.jpg

and this one is Chico a Military x Buffons Macaw I LOVED him he was so cute and sweet and I got to hold him!!!! He just sat on me as I walked around :) I just keep telling myself I dont need anymore birds lol. They dont know anything about his history though.
13038880684_043ea6c50f_z.jpg

13038504065_ce2eda85d9_z.jpg

this was the cockatiel aviary super cool!
13038535675_8305a440f9_z.jpg

and this is Clipper his owner passed away. My mom who really doesnt like birds LOVED him I was surprised.
13038770165_ac45d8e652_z.jpg

Last edited:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
What a wonderful and selfless thing to do to celebrate your birthday! I bet those birds who now have new perches are going to be *so* grateful!.

I must agree that military is gorgeous. I've always been quite fond of them. Must've been very difficult not to fall head over heels in love with that stunning boy :D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Happy Belated Birthday, Marcia!
What a wonderful thing you did for your birthday:)
I loved all those pictures, and fell in love with Clipper.
That place looks amazing and so clean!

OP
MarciaLove

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
thanks :) it was very clean and well kept they have a ton of volunteers!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Thanks for sharing [I enjoyed your pictures]. I don't have places like that around me .

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Marcia, we just did a bird swap!!!

Jeanne and John from A Helping Wing drove down and dropped off Buffy and McTavish to Miss Vickis snd they returned with Scarlett the scarlet macaw!! If you go anytime soon, let me know how Buffy is doing, he was such a sweetie!! It was wonderful visit from what I hear and a great collaboration.... Jeanne and John are awesome with macaws and I understand Vicki is as awesome with Toos!!

OP
MarciaLove

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
oh how cool!!! I hear Buffy is doing really good and he is the star of there lol!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Hes a Hollywood baby, was with director of Buffy show :)

Has he quieted down? So happy to hear about them!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts