Moluccan for scale!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
We took the parrots to get groomed this weekend (nails, and a treatment for their beaks as they both have mild hyper keratosis) and my kiddo made a new friend - the groomer’s Moluccan named Winston!

I have…never seen a parrot lick someone before that day! He was such a ham. He licked her jacket and did her hair.

2B1E8733-324A-48CE-9CC7-D244D4F214BB.jpeg

63F75413-E655-49F1-B888-C55C416D9CED.jpeg

B3F1A398-1001-47FA-A403-4249A9777D8D.jpeg

That’s his owner next to her - she and he were supervised the whole time, but he never did anything to make either of us feel concerned.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Winston is almost as big as she is, wow! The way he's cuddling with her is absolutely precious.
I love the smile in your baby girl's eyes in that second picture - I bet I know something that will be on her Christmas list this year:)

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Oh, she has already told us multiple times that ‘toos are her absolute favorite. She has the sulfur crested cockatoo beanie baby from when she had to get stitches at the hospital as a kiddo (she ran into a doorframe of all things, when her aunts and grandmother were visiting! A real family affair) and it’s her favorite. I told her maybe when she’s got her own place! Kirby wasn’t too fussed about Winston (he was on my shoulder at the time and didn’t feel the need to comment, which is usually a good sign from him that he doesn’t much care) but I imagine if we brought him home he’d have a VERY different opinion!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh yeah, I bet Kirby would have a lot to say about Winston invading his space and his people!
We took care of an Umbrella for 2 weeks a few years ago, and the other birds were really wary of her, even though she was a sweetheart. Well, except for Talli, he wanted her to know that he was the boss.
He'd try to get near her, fluffed up like a puffer fish and she would just say hello in the sweetest voice ever.

Cindylynn

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 7, 2022
Media
Albums
We took the parrots to get groomed this weekend (nails, and a treatment for their beaks as they both have mild hyper keratosis) and my kiddo made a new friend - the groomer’s Moluccan named Winston!

I have…never seen a parrot lick someone before that day! He was such a ham. He licked her jacket and did her hair.

View attachment 48534

View attachment 48535
View attachment 48536

That’s his owner next to her - she and he were supervised the whole time, but he never did anything to make either of us feel concerned.
This is very much how I learned about parrots! As a child, visiting our local exotic pet shop! The owner loved and had many birds. When you visited you immediately got a lesson in bird handling. And all of her birds loved to be handled by customers. She talked my parents into taking one home! 🤣

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
When my relationship with my B&G was better I would kiss his face.
Next think I know. he is sticking his tongue out of the side of his beak trying to get me to kiss it.
It was impossible to resist but I'd keep it dry, no saliva or frenching.

Most Reactions

Latest posts