Moved to a sleeping cage

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Han Solo - SI Male Eclectus
HI all
i just thought I would share this weeks change.
I have the Large Liberta Transport cage which I purchased as a sleep cage.
Over the last couple of months or so I have been building up his time in it As follows:
So the first month, it was just in the same room as him, once a week give him a treat of some seeds in it. Then I moved the cage into the bedroom.
Over the next 2 months I taught him that it was ok to be carried into another room. EG: At first, he was quite scared of going near/past the TV, so I had to hold him close, place my body between him and the TV, blocking his view.. eventually I managed to get past and to the bedroom. Where he could see his cage. gave him a dish of seed and took him back, I increased this time over a month Every time with a dish.
>This week he got to sleep in the cage all night with us.
What a difference it has made. He is much calmer and even listened to my husband today when he asked him to stop biting.. he actually did. Hubby was very pleased to tell me this !
I think two things have happened. I think he is getting longer before he wakes up, so better sleep, and now also feels more part of a flock.
I just wanted to post this to show not everything can be done in a couple of weeks and it takes time and trust in both parties. Never give up loving your feathered friend, or working with them to overcome any fears or making their life better. It may take weeks months or years.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts