Mr pinchy beak

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Willow is having a “day” in terms of pinching and pinching and pinching. My fingers are sore and I’m wondering what is up with him today.

He’s not cutting my skin but wanted so much to come out and keeps snipping at me! It gets really annoying.

And now he’s settled down and is sitting on his basket crunching his beak. And once he decides he wants head scratches, he will pinch if I stop or don’t pay all my attention to HIM. Boy, wish I knew what’s in his head.

Attachments

• DA5312F4-BFF6-491E-82BA-A8BF271355DD.jpeg
    DA5312F4-BFF6-491E-82BA-A8BF271355DD.jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 56
OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
After the initial bitey behavior, Willow settled down and was very snuggly.

Who knows what’s going on in his head? Maybe he needs time to settle down once he’s come out of his cage before he wants to be pet.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
sometimes mine do need a moment to get over tge excitement of coming out of the cage.

I let loose the "hounds" then move over to the top of cage treat area and hand out treats and smooches there. I think having them move towards you is the key instead if moving towards them.
Sometimes the gang comes out wanting instant loves, sometimes they are too excited

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Also don't forget it's that special time of the year. Adult birds will probably have a couple weeks of "irritability" let's call it. I should know as Phoenix is on day 5 of his....
20220421_114438.jpg

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Willow has carnal relations with his perch all year round…but I suppose maybe it’s worse in spring. He was awfully crabby. And later, very sweet.

Last edited:
OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Well…Willow and I had a couple days of tense relating but today I am not ALLOWED to stop petting.

I have to let him lean into my face, and pet him with at least one hand if not two. If I stop petting he pecks me or gives a little pinch, or he flips his wings and yells.

When I satisfactorily pet him, he fluffs and wags his tail.

I feel like I’m being trained. Why was I looking for the right treat for Willow? It’s not him, it’s me!

Most Reactions

Latest posts