Mush for Lola

tanktop74

Aug 30, 2012
Oregon
Parrots
Sun Conure
I have been inspired by this site to make my Sun conure Lola her own mush.

Please tell me what you think of the ingredients before I spend the day cooking for her tomorrow.

1E152CD0-437E-4498-AFB5-C9E29F48123F-59256-00003D190C3A602C.jpg

The first mix is a lentil/split pea soup mix (no spices) that has rice and barely in it.

I plan on adding the pinto beans and navy beans to this. Then adding the whole wheat noodles, shredded squash, and sweet potatoe. Finally at the end I will add the mixed veggies and a can of baby food carrots.

Any recommendations on cooking???

Thanks for any input! Hopefully Lola will like this, my goal is to get vitamin A in her, it seems to be the one think she lacks in her diet on a daily basis.

Adinafloyd

Jul 8, 2012
Slaughter, La
Parrots
Jax (CAG)
Scarlet (Ekkie)
Toot (TAG)
(YNA-Nappy, Gone but never ever far from my heart)
I have never made mash but let me know how it turns out. i might get brave enough to try to make some myself.

OP
tanktop74

tanktop74

Aug 30, 2012
Oregon
Parrots
Sun Conure
Well I made up the mash/mush whatever you want to call it this morning. Portioned it our into little Dixie cups (probably too big of potions for a conure) and froze all of it but the cup I have her just a little bit ago! She loved it! Making happy birdie sounds and head bobbing like she does when she wants a treat! She ate a good amount, fed some along the way to the dog and is a full happy bird right now!

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
LOVE THIS!!! Mash is GREAT for our birds and they all enjoy it! The rewards are worth the effort, isn't it???? And there are sooo many varieties! Thank you for sharing!!!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts