Music Recommendations for Bird Sanity

aussie_wings

Jun 24, 2022
πŸŒ΄β˜€οΈFlorida, USAβ˜€οΈπŸŒ΄
Parrots
🌟 𝓒𝓽π“ͺπ“»π“΅π“²π“°π“±π“½γ€˜F Lutino Budgieγ€™πŸŒŸ
✈️ 𝙅π™ͺπ™£π™žπ™€π™§γ€˜M Cinn-Turq-Pied-Spang Kakarikiγ€™βœˆοΈ
I think if I make Alexa play the same smooth jazz playlist one more time, Gremlin is going to go homicidal, so I'm looking for music recommendations that I can cycle through for him.
So far, we've done 1) smooth jazz, 2) Bob Marley playlist, 3) progressive dance, and 4) classical. He seems to like them. He's been quietest through the classical playlist, for whatever reason.

I like to keep music on for him, but I probably shouldn't have it playing all day long, I suppose. He likes to come sit with us in the living room. We did move him to the office room, which he seems to like. It's got a door on it so Boogie, our cat, can't get to him!

Any recommendations are appreciated. Thanks guys!

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I think if I make Alexa play the same smooth jazz playlist one more time, Gremlin is going to go homicidal, so I'm looking for music recommendations that I can cycle through for him.
So far, we've done 1) smooth jazz, 2) Bob Marley playlist, 3) progressive dance, and 4) classical. He seems to like them. He's been quietest through the classical playlist, for whatever reason.

I like to keep music on for him, but I probably shouldn't have it playing all day long, I suppose. He likes to come sit with us in the living room. We did move him to the office room, which he seems to like. It's got a door on it so Boogie, our cat, can't get to him!

My birds are obsessed with the Hamilton playlist. It has the perfect balance of rap-type, jazzy, pop, and "classical" songs. In their opinion, anyway :ROFLMAO:

OP
aussie_wings

aussie_wings

Jun 24, 2022
Parrots
Okay, awesome. This is something Alexa knows, right? Sorry, I gotta ask dumb questions, lol.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
mine always love this.....

I mean they seriously love it.

Olivia Newton John....Magic.

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
My CAG Scooter is indifferent to music but Ralph the QP listens closely to any music he likes. He enjoys classical music, especially Beethoven and Mozart. Ralph also likes light rock/pop from the '60's and '70's-- like the Beatles and Beach Boys. He also enjoys jazz and standards, particularly vocalists like Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Peggy Lee and Ella Fitzgerald. Often he will stop what he's doing and just listen to music of those types. His absolute favorite song is "Ring-a-Ding-Ding" by Sinatra. He likes it even more when I sing it, and I readily admit I'm not nearly as good a singer as Sinatra. 😁

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Salty gets either bluegrass or Gospel music when ever we leave the house. He sings along sometimes with opera, esp when there is a soprano singing. And he loves to sing along when I play banjo, for some reason, I mean serious singing!

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Okay, awesome. This is something Alexa knows, right? Sorry, I gotta ask dumb questions, lol.
Probably. You should try it, I don't have an Alexa.

OP
aussie_wings

aussie_wings

Jun 24, 2022
Parrots
I've been considering trying some Talking Heads...

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Swear ta Gawd, the Rb likes sweet female voices with heavy beats and light harmonies. He loved Paula Abdul when she was in, now tends towards J-Lo and similar. Curvy Latinas, I guess. I play MTV for him and he picks what he likes. Example (apologies to y'all who've heard before!). You know *I* can't get enough... Bootayyy!

OP
aussie_wings

aussie_wings

Jun 24, 2022
Parrots
I also showed him Poop-Di-Scoop (Lift Yourself by Kanye West) today.
He looked confused and possibly disappointed. I feel like I wanted to try something with interesting noises. I tried vaporwave and electro, but I don't think they like that very much.
Lol, I remember now Starlight used to like Runescape noises. I wonder if I can make Alexa play Runescape music...

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
I've been watching my guys reactions to my music and they certainly love anything with bird song in it, or whistling. Hard stuff, like Five Finger Death Punch, isn't a favorite. They also really like my movie scores (The first live action Transformers movie score is a fave) , especially when I hum along to them.

vsk101

Aug 13, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Parrots
Green Bean -Male Eclectus adopted 8/27/17 (6 months old)

My guy adores both Andrea Bocelli & Michael Buble. he never seems to get tired of either of them, although I certainly do! πŸ˜‚

vsk101

Aug 13, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Parrots
'Rock'n Robin' was popular with my cockatiels. So was 'Blackbirds' by the Beatles. They also seem to like movie scores :)
I would think they like movie scores because they are very dramatic, haha. Is there a particular album or station you suggest?

vsk101

Aug 13, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Parrots

The other thing my guy really likes is when I play a recording of my voice that I made using a free iPhone app, Voicerecorder. It allows me to repeat words and phrases and play them in a loop. He has learned to say some things this way, and more importantly he really enjoys talking back to it. Lately no matter what the phrase is, his response is an enthusiastic "peekaboo!" though.

BombsAway

Feb 4, 2021
Media
Canal Fulton, OH
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon - Bomber
Red-lored Amazon - Tippy
Umbrella Cockatoo - Cocoapuff
Green Cheek Conure - Henry

I tend to leave the radio station on and it plays a podcast in the morning then switches to different sets of music during the day, I keep it on low in the background upstairs. Downstairs I generally put the TV on, they love kids movies and cartoons, and crazy enough Nascar. Don't ask me why but my Green Cheek Conure and my Yellow Nape Amazon love watching Nascar. Go figure? But they love the cartoon/kids movies sound, color and motion.

bertsirkin

Mar 6, 2014
CT
Parrots
Boosie - part bluefront amazon / part panama amazon

For whatever reason, our Amazon LOVES Delbert McClinton. We played it by accident one day (had never heard of Delbert before) and she started singing and vocalizing immediately. She also loves horns - Stan Getz, etc.)

Ryled1

Sep 4, 2015
Parrots
Bare eyed cockatoo

I wouldn't play music all day. A half hr is good. Birds also need to be with their flock family, so the living area should be where the cage is. At night, maybe a quiet room, so he can sleep without tv lights flashing at night. And the sound on.
Don't make your Lil guy homicidal. I couldn't listen to any music for 24hrs. Why are you making him? Do you listen 24hrs str8? Of course not.

Most Reactions

Latest posts