My African Grey chewed up a packet of potpourri?!

gillylover

Mar 15, 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Hello,

I am really freaking out right now. I came home to my African Grey sitting contently on his cage, with a chewed up packed of potpourri under his cage. Most of the content of the packet was scattered on the ground, but I assume he ate some of it while chewing on the packet. Is it poisonous?? I am no where even close to an avian vet at the moment. So I need to know right away if this is fatal to him.:(

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
take him to vet ASAP I dont know how bad it is but they are all chemically dyed and scented super bad for birds! Hope everything will be ok!!

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Hello,

I am really freaking out right now. I came home to my African Grey sitting contently on his cage, with a chewed up packed of potpourri under his cage. Most of the content of the packet was scattered on the ground, but I assume he ate some of it while chewing on the packet. Is it poisonous?? I am no where even close to an avian vet at the moment. So I need to know right away if this is fatal to him.:(

Apparently poisonous if ingested. If you can't get to an Avian Vet, get him to a vet who will consult with an avian vet?

He needs to go asap.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Please do let us know how you AG is doing. I'm quite concerned about him at the moment. I truly hope he didn't ingest any of it. :(

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
How is your bird??? I am just seeing this post and wondering how it worked out for you.

Most Reactions

Latest posts