My African Grey keeps trying to eat my cat's poop.

MJS

May 20, 2023
Parrots
African Grey
My African Grey keeps trying to eat my cat's poop. I know this is disgusting but has anyone had this problem before? I've always had a hard time keeping her out of the cat's food but I am afraid she'll get sick doing this. I keep the litter box where I can see it and she seldom gets in but she is sneaky. Can I spray the box with anything, apple bitter etc. I punish her by putting her in her cage. Any suggestion would be appreciated

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Is there any way you can move the liter box to a room where your bird cannot get to?
She could not only get sick, but die from being in any kind of contact with a cat.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Is there any way you can move the liter box to a room where your bird cannot get to?
She could not only get sick, but die from being in any kind of contact with a cat.
Can't you at least put it under a piece of furniture where your bird can't see it?

OP
M

MJS

May 20, 2023
Parrots
African Grey
She has been around cats for 30 yrs with no ill effects. The cats are declawed to keep her safe. This is the best spot for the litter box because I can keep an eye on it. I was hoping for some sort of spray like they do for dogs or cats. We also have our cats tested for diseases that may be passed between different species. I will look for something to put over it so it will be our of site. Thank you for your suggestions

Most Reactions