my beautifful fischer pair of lovebirds Died and I am so guilty and devstated

srkrn

Oct 8, 2018
first of all I am sorry for my bad English

I am extremely devastated and saddened of their death ..so Can you please guys tell me whether I am responsible for my birds death or not ...

so
I had my two beautiful female lovebirds since 8 years. So every day we used to put cage outside so that they can get sunlight and do not become too dependant on A/c... but in their lifetime we had sometimes or lovebird felt panting due to sunlight but then we kept inside too as well to cool them down ...
also I gave them clear water food , toys and let them roam around my home as well..
I loved them so much that I never expected that last thursday I slept in the morning giving them fresh full water and seeing them last time in a cheerful and fluffy mood ..

I woke up around 9 o clock n told my mother to bring them inside due to sunlight
then I slept again and when I woke up around 10.30 am I saw them outside thinking that they just got outside now around 10 to 20 mins

NEVER knew that they never got inside ...but as my mother saw them at 9 o clock am in again happy mood ..she didnt bring them inside thought its just 0 o clock and also my mother got very busy at that time so she didnt remove the cover

so when I Saw them fully covered around 10.30 am I thought they just got outside now ...so I DIDNT check them at all ..yes there was sunlight totally covered on them ..but I thought they got outside now so i will bring them back later

Didnt know I was being such a shameful disgusting person not to even check them ..

then I had some imp conversation with my mother n I didnt realize that it was 12 o clock when my brother came n shouted at me to come n see what happened to them

I saw themfrom my fearful eyes which I never imagined that they both were dead at the bottom of the cage with eyes wide opened..

I cried ...as my beautiful birds died due to overheat

its been so many days now but I cant imagine the pain they went through..

I am trying to calm myself as this was their lifetime..

May be if they got sick they had more painful death ...

I know what happened with them is unbearable ...I just want to ask you
even though they were my love of my life one stupid mistake took their life..

Can you please elaborate how painful death were ..do they felt torture with full over ..till 9 o clock they were good ...
were they suffering from 3 hours ?

is it more painful than if my bird escaped ? please because I felt so much responsible .... did my birds went through a lot of pain because of me ?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Iā€™m very sorry to read about your beloved birdsā€™ passing. I lost a beautiful conure about 6 weeks ago, he meant everything to me so I feel your pain.

It will not help you at this stage to fixate on whether they suffered or not. Whatā€™s done is done and I think you would feel guilty or responsible for it whatever the circumstances, I know I always will! It will take time for you to come to terms with what has happened and if one day you get another bird you will remember this experience and what youā€™ve learned from it.

I am truly sorry for your loss.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart is with you. When I sun bathe my birds it is always in part shade and I never leave their side. This is something you will never do again..it is sad and terrible, but we all make mistake, you were trying to do good. All you can do is learn from it... I'm sorry

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with LaManuka, I don't think that it will help to focus on the specifics of how they passed, please try to just remember how much you loved them.

Sandy19

Mar 22, 2017
You did what you thought was right for them and an accident happened. No one is perfect when it comes to pets, it's not like they are human children. You think you're doing something good and it turns out to be a disaster. My dog fell out of my car window once doing 35 mph, he somehow didn't get a scratch on him, but all I could think about was how stupid I was to let him hang out the window. You see dogs with their heads out the car windows all the time smelling all the good scents flying by, of course mine is the only one to actually fall out. I dont even know how he rolled out, the window was only half open.

Last edited:

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
I am sorry you lost your birds!
It was a terrible accident, and those do hapen, no matter how much we love our pets.
You will never make that same mistake again, so that is good.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
srkrn...

Please hear me. What's passed is past. Your darlings are no longer suffering. They are in the arms of Eternity, with your love as a mantle.

I am so sorry for this loss.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
I'm so very sorry for your loss, and I'm sorry that you are feeling such guilt right now. You obviously loved your birds and took very good care of them, and that's what matters. We see people on this forum every single day who treat their birds very badly, they neglect them, they don't feed them properly or at all, they don't even give them water, and this is all knowingly or even done purposely. You on the other hand loved your birds dearly and cared for them dearly, and you made a horrible mistake, only because you didn't know it was a mistake. You need to start to forgive yourself, as I'm sure your birds forgive you, and never once blamed you to begin with...

Morty

Sep 20, 2018
New York
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Pizza Roll), Jenday Conure (Woody)
We've all done dumb things, but now you know for next time.
What's done is done and fixating is the worst thing you can do.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I am sorry to read of the passing of your lovebirds. Whether your fault or not, one can feel the love you had for them in yourwords. And that's the best we can do. You will meet them again, I think , over the bridge, where there is no sorrow.

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I am sorry to hear about this loss...

What's done is done. Don't beat yourself up about it.

In the future if you get birds again (which you likely will), know that they are YOUR responsibility only and take it upon yourself to wake up earlier, at least to check on them and feed and provide them fresh water. That way there is no confusion over who has let them in or out, fed them, etc. and it's all your responsibility.

If you haven't already, be sure to read all the threads in this lovebird sub-forum before getting more lovebirds. There's some great info there.

OP
S

srkrn

Oct 8, 2018
Iā€™m very sorry to read about your beloved birdsā€™ passing. I lost a beautiful conure about 6 weeks ago, he meant everything to me so I feel your pain.

It will not help you at this stage to fixate on whether they suffered or not. Whatā€™s done is done and I think you would feel guilty or responsible for it whatever the circumstances, I know I always will! It will take time for you to come to terms with what has happened and if one day you get another bird you will remember this experience and what youā€™ve learned from it.

I am truly sorry for your loss.
oh My dear ... So sorry for your loss as well.. your bird is also in paradise with my birds ..Playing and happy ..

and thank you for your words

It helped me a lot

ans Yes I bought a new lovebird and she or he is adorable ...she is so beautiful and yes we all learnt a VERY BIG lesson.... and I hope everyone should also get this message is to never leave your birds out for a long time ...DO not ..check them and for some reason if you cant or forget ...put them in the safe place...

because my birds they were my two extremely energetic naughty monster birds who got died due to heatstroke ...

i cant do anything just to remember them and pray for them ...

they both were my love ... and now they are gone ...but they will be in our hearts always :'(

OP
S

srkrn

Oct 8, 2018
Thank you dear ...it was the biggest lesson of my life

OP
S

srkrn

Oct 8, 2018
I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart is with you. When I sun bathe my birds it is always in part shade and I never leave their side. This is something you will never do again..it is sad and terrible, but we all make mistake, you were trying to do good. All you can do is learn from it... I'm sorry
thank you dear ... God Bless you

OP
S

srkrn

Oct 8, 2018
I am so sorry for your loss. I agree with LaManuka, I don't think that it will help to focus on the specifics of how they passed, please try to just remember how much you loved them.
Yes now Since yesterday I posted here and read all your comments ....Believe me I am now much better than before ..

Now I do not want to think about how my lovebirds died because as soon as I remember it ...I start crying I cant help it ...I started seeing their face suffering from the heat fully covered and they cant do anything ..they were helpless sitting ..they were caged ...and I couldnt bother to check

that time I couldnt rewind it

now they are gone and Instead of remembering how they suffered I should remember their good times .
Also their death was written in the way ...so everyone has to die ...we have to accept it learn from the mistakes .. and move on and remember them in a good way

thank you dear

OP
S

srkrn

Oct 8, 2018
You did what you thought was right for them and an accident happened. No one is perfect when it comes to pets, it's not like they are human children. You think you're doing something good and it turns out to be a disaster. My dog fell out of my car window once doing 35 mph, he somehow didn't get a scratch on him, but all I could think about was how stupid I was to let him hang out the window. You see dogs with their heads out the car windows all the time smelling all the good scents flying by, of course mine is the only one to actually fall out. I dont even know how he rolled out, the window was only half open.
You are absolutely right ..its not like our intention is to harm them so that they suffer from death ...Believe even if i get angry at them ..i used to get angry like they are my siblings or children ...and I was only 18 when I got them now I am gonna be 27 next month ...they were with me since 8 or 9 years ...they were like understand each n everything .....
but your comment made me realize that sometimes u do something stupid which u regret later ..

and after reading everyone comment I am feeling slighlty better ...

thank you for your support

OP
S

srkrn

Oct 8, 2018
I am sorry you lost your birds!
It was a terrible accident, and those do hapen, no matter how much we love our pets.
You will never make that same mistake again, so that is good.
yes never ever I will make this mistake again ...

and yes you are right accident do happen ...we have to accept it

thank you for your words ...

OP
S

srkrn

Oct 8, 2018
srkrn...

Please hear me. What's passed is past. Your darlings are no longer suffering. They are in the arms of Eternity, with your love as a mantle.

I am so sorry for this loss.
awwww thank you so much sweetie for your kind and lovely words ... you made my day

Most Reactions

Latest posts