My BeeBee Parrot Hates his Bigger Cage

Beebee0221

Mar 15, 2022
Parrots
Bee Bee
I recently bought a bigger cage for my canary winged parakeet and he hates it. I have a round Omlet (brand) cage that he rarely goes in and was thinking it was too small. I set up the larger and coolest cage for him, placed it next to his Omlet cage. This was T wo months ago and he will not even look at it. :) Since I’m considering adding to my flock of one, I could leave it for my future bird. Thoughts?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
it can take time to transition to new cage. Tips are to feed treats then food in tge new cafe and slowly take perches from old csge and out in new or on outside of new. Leaving fear and fewer perches in the old cage. Having them step i to new cafe and right by k out to you and brag and praise. Not forcing or trapped. Makes the new csfe an awesome rewarding place. Repeat lots. Few parrots can resist flattering!

OP
Beebee0221

Beebee0221

Mar 15, 2022
Parrots
Bee Bee
it can take time to transition to new cage. Tips are to feed treats then food in tge new cafe and slowly take perches from old csge and out in new or on outside of new. Leaving fear and fewer perches in the old cage. Having them step i to new cafe and right by k out to you and brag and praise. Not forcing or trapped. Makes the new csfe an awesome rewarding place. Repeat lots. Few parrots can resist flattering!
Thank you! Great advise.

Most Reactions

Latest posts