My Bird is Bipolar

Mak2020

Oct 17, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hi, so my cockatiel is 4 years old and I’ve had her ever since she was a few months old. She’s always been extremely attached to me and me only, however, that changes when I’m not around. When I am around or when I am home Bird won’t tolerate anyone else besides me, however, when I’m not home, usually more than a few hours, she immediately kisses up to whoever is home to give her love. BUT as soon as I step foot in the door she turns evil and refuses the love of anyone else. Why is she like this? Does anyone else deal with this behavior? I’m not exactly looking to fox this behavior unless it gets to be an issue just am curious.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Adorable.
Hey... this bird knows where her heart is, but she's flexible. Reminds me of an old saying... "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with."

9lhIlM0.jpg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Adorable.
Hey... this bird knows where her heart is, but she's flexible. Reminds me of an old saying... "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with."

9lhIlM0.jpg
Great mines tend to run along the same paths. The same saying was running in my head as I read the OP's Thread.

It is far too common as our Julio loves his mama, but when the guys are at the cottage, we are life time friends. Not unusual, in fact it is a very good thing as your Parrot is able to share joy with others. Just take care, not to force a confrontation.

Most Reactions

Latest posts