MY CHICK ATE PLASTIC WHAT DO I DO

kayepilapil

Aug 12, 2021
Parrots
Sun Conure
Sooo today I hand fed my baby sun conure. About almost a month old. I feed him using a syringe with a plastic/rubber tube attachment. This morning it fell off and he swallowed it and i was able to feel the plastic/rubber tube in his throat earlier but was unable to get it out. Also the tube was about an inch more or less and is flexible. Ive talked to veterinarians and they told me not to do anything but im still skeptical. Right now he’s acting pretty normal and its been 10 hours since the incident. If any of you guys have any suggestions please please please let me know

9F0899B4-1C75-4712-A39A-CDD15BD40E6C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Just to verify, your baby swallowed the entire tube sized an inch or more? Was consultation with avian vets, well versed with parrots? Can you still feel the tube in same location or is it migrating through digestive system? I have no idea if it can pass through to the vent for complete removal!

Most Reactions