My cockatoo is turned on by showering?

Gardeninggirl

May 3, 2015
Parrots
Cockatoo, Amazon, cockatiel and a red rump
My 34 year old umbrella cockatoo seems to be triggered by water spray. I've been trying to give him regular showers using a spray bottle of water. If he's out and about in the room his cage is in, as soon as I spray the water (so it falls gently on him like rain) he takes off and makes for the bottom corner of his cage. His head is down, his tail up and he's busy making eyes at me. Any one else come across this?

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
Have you tried filling up bath a little and letting him bath himself or when it rains putting him out in it or associated shower with treat not hormones

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My cockatoo does exactly the same thing!
Fortunately for us we have several birds in that room and he finally comes out for a good misting. Have you tried playing a thunderstorm from Youtube while showering him? All my birds are ready as soon as I turn on the storm, but it does take my Too, Charley, a little bit to get into it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts