My conure doesn't seem to like pats on the head...

Calorious

Apr 11, 2020
Singapore
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Name: Climber, he climbs everything :3)
Blue Cinnamon Conure (he looks like a kiwi, so his name is Kiwi :3)
Painted Conure (Name: Rainbow! :3)
I've left this forums for 2 - 3 months now, and I'm coming back with 3 parrots, all conures.
This is a picture of both my conures who live in the same cage. There is a third Green Cheek Conure which I had mentioned multiple times before I left the forums. Here's a link to that old thread regarding that conure::rainbow1: http://www.parrotforums.com/conures/86220-new-green-cheek-conure.html
In the picture, the left parrot is my Blue Cinnamon Conure :green:, while the right parrot is the spotlight of this thread. It is a conure, that's all I really know... I apparently forgot what its name was. It's been living in my house for about 3 - 5 months now. I couldn't even take a proper shot because both of them were just constantly trying to stretch their necks in order to jump on my phone and jump on my glasses and start biting.

For those who can't really see the picture clearly, the conure:green1: has a tint of blue right above it's beak at the eye level, and the blue fades into a black as it reaches the top of the crop area before spreading out to a green color.
There's random shades of red beside the beak and under the conure too.

Now, because my house only has 3 parrots.
Both of these parrots live in the same cage, while we have the other green cheek conure live in a separate cage.
Both of these parrots don't fight in their own cage, but they aren't really very friendly with each other. However, I previously had the GCC live separately because it loved to randomly put its feet on top of other parrots' body (like stepping on the parrot). It still does that now, but it seems to be alot more friendly to the Blue Cinnamon Conure and both of them help to do each other's feathers. With both of them together, this leaves the other conure :green1: pretty lonely. He has the family to play with it, but it doesn't seem to have anyone to help him with his feathers.
I don't even think he needs anyone to help him with feathers. My family can't pat him anywhere. He hates being touched to start with. I'm not really sure why.

25391d1607792119-my-conure-doesn-t-seem-like-pats-head-10b1t.jpg

Attachments

• 20201212_230736.jpg
    20201212_230736.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 10b1t.jpg
    10b1t.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
OP
C

Calorious

Apr 11, 2020
Singapore
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Name: Climber, he climbs everything :3)
Blue Cinnamon Conure (he looks like a kiwi, so his name is Kiwi :3)
Painted Conure (Name: Rainbow! :3)
Thanks Laura for the clarification!

When you meant lack of socialization, do you mean with other parrots or with the family? They are let out of their cages usually at night from 9pm - 11pm, but also once in a while from 2pm - 4pm. They fly around the house, fly to my family and try to bite everything in their way... As for this painted conure, he seems fine with everything except for the bonding with fellow parrots part, the two other conures in my home seem to treat each other very well and are somewhat exclusive as either one of them gets angry and starts biting whenever this painted conure tries to join in, but most of the time, both of them usually ignore this painted conure whenever they are both together.

As for instinctive fear, the only thing that scares them back to their normal locations is either their own parrot screams or a parrot scream from one of the other parrots...
These parrots scream alot, like alot, loud enough that these sounds are usually able to be heard by a house that is one floor below mine. The GCC screams the loudest while this painted conure screams the most.
The GCC screams are all usually loud enough to scare and send the entire flock back to where they call their "safe area" which is a custom built perch that has many branches out. But apart from that, nothing else is usually scary enough to avoid touch from humans.

Most Reactions