My Indian Ringnecks are very quiet.

llvhxll

Sep 9, 2021
Parrots
2 green indian ringnecks
2 cockatiels
I got 2 Indian Ringnecks from a family member recently (1 month and a half) and since i got them, they have been abnormally quiet.
I know this might sound weird coming from someone on this site but im really not a bird person, they belong to my sister, so im generally too scared to play with them.
I know for a fact that they used to scream when they were with my family member and i tried to play ringneck calling sounds from youtube yet i still got no response from them, it is starting to worry me alot.
They eat normally and drink water.
Can anyone recommend me what i can do, or tell me whats wrong with them?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Best measure of heath is to keep detailed weights of them, using a kitchen scale that weighs out in grams. They may just be taking their time in acclimating to the new surroundings. But if their weight drops by more than 5% that is cause for a visit to a vet.
Daily or every other day weighing is very helpful.

Maybe be grateful for the (temporary) quiet!

OP
L

llvhxll

Sep 9, 2021
Parrots
2 green indian ringnecks
2 cockatiels
Best measure of heath is to keep detailed weights of them, using a kitchen scale that weighs out in grams. They may just be taking their time in acclimating to the new surroundings. But if their weight drops by more than 5% that is cause for a visit to a vet.
Daily or every other day weighing is very helpful.

Maybe be grateful for the (temporary) quiet!
I will try my best to weigh them but they are always very scared and never let me come near them without them flying and around and still make no sound!!

ctwo

May 16, 2019
Parrots
Mango the Indian Ringneck and Peach the Cockatiel; Kiwi found a new home
My IRN was quite for a long while when I first got him - it will likely change for you in due time.

And it took at least a year before his full personality came out, or maybe that evolved with my intervention. ? He is no cage ornament.

Most Reactions

Latest posts