My male conure has plucked my female conures head bald help!!

Jules_

Jan 26, 2021
The breeder suggested to rehome one of them and I am searching for a better way to deal with this I love them both and tips would be greatly appreciated!!:green2:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Can you keep them in two separate cages and just give them time out together? That way they will still have each other, but also have their own space.

OP
J

Jules_

Jan 26, 2021
they sleep separated at night and are not caged during the day unless i go out for abit he plucks her in or out of the cage and she seems to cuddle up to him and allow it
they are on excellent diets and get there proper sleep

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Maybe try giving them separate times out to see if you can break his habit of plucking her.
It will take more work, but may help. It does sound like they are bonded, and I hope something can be figured out where you can keep them both.

Most Reactions

Latest posts