My new alexander trying to speak?

absikandar

Aug 29, 2015
Hi.

I bought an Alexander (named Raju) one month ago. Pet breeder told me his age is 8 months when I bought it. So now it's almost 9 months old. (although I have no proof about the actual age, nor I know how can I determine)

I have no prior experience dealing with parrots.

For last some days, he is trying to make some weird noise / talk, of which I am not sure is really a talk or something else.

May be he is trying to speak???

I have uploaded a short clip of his behaviour.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x33lc1v" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direct link: My new alexander parakeet starting his first talk - Video Dailymotion

Can anybody tell me what he is trying to do ?

He does so every day after dinner.

Thanks
AbuBakar

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife
That is called beak grinding and it is a sign of a content, sleepy bird. He just ate and now he is a happy bird. Congrats on your new bird!

Last edited:
OP
A

absikandar

Aug 29, 2015
Thanks for the feedback. I thought, he is trying to speak :)
I have posted an image from a better view. Can you please guess his age? And I think he is an Alex.

Last edited:

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife
I took a closer look at his beak and he is definitely an Alex :p I got distracted by the light feathers. He looks really young. Is he still hand feeding?

OP
A

absikandar

Aug 29, 2015
No he can eat independently. He started to eat about a month ago.
Thanks.

Most Reactions

Latest posts