My old pup has crossed the rainbow bridge....

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
I understand this is a parrot forum, but I simply have a strong need to get this off my chest. I have been a tad innactive for some reasons.

Last Thursday evening I have received the dreadful call - my almost 14 year old dog has passed away. She was living with my parents since I moved to another country, but she has been with us for over 13 years. I still remember the good old MMS my mum sent me to show me the young dog they found at the weekend house. And since we never found the owner, I begged for to keep her, my little pup... And so she stayed with us for all these years.

It is so hard for me right now, especially after still grieving after Zeleni. Oh heck, I am still grieving both of my old cats who died less than 4 years ago. Now all of my first pets have passed away. My dog's apssing was like a final nail in the coffin for me regarding my emotions. I am not sure how well I can handle it.

My pup was well old, but maybe 3-4 months ago they discovered she had a tumor on her belly. The first x-rays have shown that all her vital organs were clean, so the operation took place, and the tumor was removed and she was nursed back to health in no time. Sadly, after a month and a half things apparently started to get worse, as she had some new growth on the chest. The x-rays showed the worst fears come true - the cancer has spread to her lungs. In less than 2 months later, she has quietly passed away.

My whole family is devastated. The last pet in the flat has left for the heaven. I joke that my good old pup is jumping and chasing the cats and my bird Zeleni now there, happily without consequences. She had a good life. No, an amazing and loving life on Earth. I am still grieving as from the first day since her passing, I just don't feel as if it is getting any better. I guess it is just too soon and too much for me losing two of my best furry/feathery friends in less than 2 months.

I focus a lot on Pascal now, poor thing has no idea why this silly human is producing so much of the salty watery droplets, nor why is there so many evil papertissues on the table....

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Oh Skar, I am so sorry. Your dog still watches you, from the other side of the Rainbow Bridge, where she can run free and eat all the treats she could ever want. Sending comfort to you and your family ❤️

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh no, Skar, I'm so very sorry to hear this news this morning. My heart truly goes out to you, and I am terribly sorry that you are going through such pain. Please pass on my sincere condolences to your family too. I wish that there were magic words that I could say to ease your pain, and I wish I could reach out and give you a great big hug and cry right along with you for the loss of our beloved furred and feathered ones. Sadly virtual ones will have to suffice, my friend, but they are no less heartfelt. ❤️

Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge, precious pup, until we all meet again 🙏

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
It's so hard with animals when they pass away because they become our family. My husband would tell anyone he likes his dogs more then he does people. If you think about it most of our people friends, and family don't wag tails, scream, fly, spin in circles, bang their beaks on bars, and have this amount of excitement each time they see us. Pets truly do unconditionally love their owners regardless of anything you can think of. It isn't a bond that is replaceable. I am so sorry for the loss.

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Thank you all for your kind support 💕 Every word from you guys helps a ton <3

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Skar, I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm so glad your Mom found her so many years ago and made her a part of your family.
I also picture my beloved pups running and pain free, and playing like pups on the other side of the bridge, while keeping an eye out for our eventual reunion.

My heart hurts for you.

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Thank you all. She was my favourite loaf of bread. She was the prettiest loaf of bread. The calmest, sleepiest, most loyal. We had a great time together, but now it's time to let go and let her sleep for good now, until next time we get to see each other...

Attachments

• IMG20210618074020.jpg
    IMG20210618074020.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG-20200730-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20200730-WA0013.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG-20200707-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200707-WA0000.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 86

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thank you all. She was my favourite loaf of bread. She was the prettiest loaf of bread. The calmest, sleepiest, most loyal. We had a great time together, but now it's time to let go and let her sleep for good now, until next time we get to see each other...
Thank you for sharing pictures of her with us, she looks like such a sweetheart. What a beautiful girl she was.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
She was beautiful, thank you for sharing some photos❤️

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I am so sorry... yet so glad your darling was loved and treasured by you. Best wishes and big hugs and muchmuchmuch love.
Truly,
Gail

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
You have my deepest condolences for the passing of your long-lived pup. My heart aches for you having lost successive feathered and furry companions. Your level of grief a fine measure of character, only the lucky bond so tightly with animal soulmates.

Most Reactions

Latest posts