My parrot’s injury?

RebeccaLover

Aug 23, 2023
Parrots
Rebe 10 years old, Umbrella cockatoo
Im a lost of words right now, cause this is tye second time this has happened, I do not like googling what my parrot may have but it is upsetting not knowing.
Can anyone help me with my parrot? Today I went to work, and when I came home, there was a small tiny patch of blood on her crown feathers.
So I investigated her crown, and saw a weird darkened feather
I saw it may be a broken feather so I applied Sceptic powder for parrots I bought online due to a previous time she has almost a darkened feather but I left it alone and it was gone a couple days later.
But it happened again but near her eye.
PLEASE IGNORE THE YELLOW STAIN it is from the Sceptic powder, but can anyone confirm if it is a broken feather?
Should I take her to a vet? I put the powder last time and she was fine after a year.
She is behaving normally, she loves playing with her small toys, and ate regularly with her diet.

Again please ignore the yellow haha as my sister had a heart attack not knowing it is from the powder mix

Attachments

• FBFD2850-B4BA-47F5-9DF4-B53324B68EA3.jpeg
    FBFD2850-B4BA-47F5-9DF4-B53324B68EA3.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 19

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Hm, I'm not sure if this looks like a broken feather or not. It could be but it seems like there might be more going on in that area. Seems like other feathers are missing too? I would get her to the vet just to be safe. Always better to be safe than sorry.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hm, I'm not sure if this looks like a broken feather or not. It could be but it seems like there might be more going on in that area. Seems like other feathers are missing too? I would get her to the vet just to be safe. Always better to be safe than sorry.
I agree. There is a patch of new unbroken blood feathers around what looks like a broken one or a few but hard to tell. Whatever it is, the amount of shed blood is very minimal (good first aid) but always looks like much more on a snow white bird. I'm certain wild parrots break blood feathers frequently from bumps, scrapes and vigorous scratching. Not close to life threatening or even concerning but it sure would be best to hear that from an avian vet.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
I'm very sorry for Rebes injury but just like onamom and donna said it would be best to get her to a vet just to be safe.

Most Reactions

Latest posts