May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Here are the symptoms, this thread will be her progress as well as documentation for me and the vet. I'm pretty scared that she's going to die suddenly or get really sick, so please send her good vibes.
  • Vomiting yellow liquid, breathing heavily after.
  • Lethargy.
  • Not wanting to eat millet.
  • Increased anxiety.
  • Sleeping on the cage floor for the first time in weeks.
  • Shivering, despite not being fluffed up.

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
She seems worse. We're trying to get a vet appt. (the AV is only there on certain days unless there are emergencies) for this Saturday, please pray for her, or send good vibes, or whatever, because she is not doing well AT ALL.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
She's not looking good... I hope she makes it through the next two nights. I have no clue what's wrong, this is all very sudden. I will probably stay home from school tomorrow so I can monitor her and make sure she's OK.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
And all of a sudden, she wants to play and do recall... which is confusing, because I thought she was going to die, and now she's acting mostly normal?

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Crud. I have no idea what to think. I hope Cossie is ok and I’m so sorry this is happening.
She's getting an an appt tomorrow probably (depends on if they can fit her in), but jeez, this is confusing. Maybe she's allergic to something (she got rice for the first time today, specifically unsalted white rice), maybe she's was lethargic because the vomit hurt her throat, I don't know. Hopefully her appointment provides some answers.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
She's getting an an appt tomorrow probably (depends on if they can fit her in), but jeez, this is confusing. Maybe she's allergic to something (she got rice for the first time today, specifically unsalted white rice), maybe she's was lethargic because the vomit hurt her throat, I don't know. Hopefully her appointment provides some answers.
It is exhausting to throw up. But she shouldn’t be doing that at all. Could she have eaten some non food item?

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
It is exhausting to throw up. But she shouldn’t be doing that at all. Could she have eaten some non food item?
Probably not. She's also been extra clingy after throwing up, she even escaped her cage, AND crawled out from under the cage cover about 10mins ago and started anxiously flock calling. I had to hold her and do the thing where I press my cheek on her back (I usually do this when she's anxious to calm her down) before she calmed down. That's very unlike her.

If she needs to go in tomorrow, we can go, but it would need to be an emergency appt (which will cost extra, delay other's appts., etc., so not ideal). She'll go early next week unless she looks really sick.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Cossie isn't excited for recall anymore, she's been acting tired and "hot-cold" (shivering while spreading her wings like she's hot). She's getting an appt. early next week if all goes well. Only problem is, my dad (who takes the animals to the vet) is at work all weekend, and my mom can be stubborn about vet appointments. Oh well. She's going to the vet anyway.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
On our way home, they did well, we got some medication because Cossie was breathing abnormally heavy. Mister Birb wants OUT.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Last edited:
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
At the beginning I read "On our way home they died" and took a big breathe... and then a sigh of relief after realizing I read wrong.
Fingers crossed for their health
That would be horrible! They should be fine, they only have a mild case of a RI.

Most Reactions

Latest posts