My two week indian ringneck baby parrot died

sohailshah

Apr 22, 2020
Pakistan
Parrots
Indian Ringneck Femal of two years and a two week older indian ringneck parrot
My heart is burning, I had bought 1 month old baby parrot and I raised it and now it is 2 years :green2: old but now I bought two week baby ringneck parrot, I gave it feed 3 to 5cc mixed with water 4 times a day and keep it warm but :15::
:15:
what amount of powder feed mixed with water should be given to baby parrot anyone plz reply

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hi and so very sorry your baby ringneck passed away. Feeding and weaning baby parrots is difficult to do correctly and the baby suffers, as your has. Baby parrot formula has instructions on the back of the container about the amount to mix with CLEAN water. not to thick , not too thin. Very important is to have it at the correct temperature as it is being fed to the baby. Too cold, the crop will not digest it, too hot and you burn the baby's crop. The container should also have the temperature. It is around 105 degrees F. Best checked with a thermometer. To feed new born babies, use a sryinge and the formula needs to be thinner to use that. after they get bigger, you can use a small spoon with the side edges bent up to give them the formula, and it can be thicker (less water).

But - feeding and weaning baby parrots is not something an untrained person should do. Mant things can go wrong, from dirty water and utensils, wrong temperature, the food goes down the wrong pipe, not enough food or too much and lots of other things. You should try to buy a weaned baby - it is the breeders responsibiity.

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
My heart is burning, I had bought 1 month old baby parrot and I raised it and now it is 2 years :green2: old but now I bought two week baby ringneck parrot, I gave it feed 3 to 5cc mixed with water 4 times a day and keep it warm but :15::
what amount of powder feed mixed with water should be given to baby parrot anyone plz reply

Hi Sohali Shah

Sorry to know about the death of your baby parrot.

I presume you are from India. May I know which part ? Where did you procure your bird from?

OP
S

sohailshah

Apr 22, 2020
Pakistan
Parrots
Indian Ringneck Femal of two years and a two week older indian ringneck parrot
I am from Punjab, Pakistan and here temperature is not hot as it should be in month of April, the temperature is still about 20 to 24 degree celsius

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
sorry for your loss i wish you asked this before he died did you visit any vet to know the cause of death?

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Hi, I’m
Sorry you baby has died. I’m having trouble linking the thread but please read the thread called “so you bought an unweaned baby” and that will explain why your baby bird has died.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)

Most Reactions

Latest posts