My Umbrella is trying to hide things in her feathers.

Babyphila

Mar 30, 2022
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo - Baby
We are new, but we can’t seem to get on the hello forum to introduce ourselves. Baby is a year and half old, and is our first bird. Recently she has taken to trying to store things in her feathers and under her wings. What ever she likes, nutriberries, pine nuts, wine corks......and so on. It sort of sounds like nesting we guess. I never heard of Cockatoos doing this.

I figured a picture was in order.
5B14B392-488D-4529-BFB1-962B0D4046B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
She's gorgeous! Welcome to the forum!

I volunteer at a sanctuary where two of the Goffin's cockatoos play games where they roll toys down around their wing and catch it as it flips around :)

I love that your 'too plays kind of like that too! So cute!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My Quaker used a ball under her wing as a sliding crutch when her broken leg was casted. I am sure it started by accident, but it was one of those strange experiences that make you realize your bird is a little bit too smart to live in your house with access to a computer and car keys.

OP
B

Babyphila

Mar 30, 2022
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo - Baby
She's gorgeous! Welcome to the forum!

I volunteer at a sanctuary where two of the Goffin's cockatoos play games where they roll toys down around their wing and catch it as it flips around :)

I love that your 'too plays kind of like that too! So cute!
We never considered it may be some kind of game. We were a little worried. Food for thought. Thank you.

Most Reactions