Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
SInce there is no such national day like this, I propose we start one here on this very forum! Think of it! It could grow and grow , to the point where when your stuck in traffic , one would only need to look in the car next to you and see a friendly little face staring back. Your bird and the others could converse ! Your co-workers all get t experience others parrots, and if yur lucky, take over the office! Construction works, Deep Sea Divers, and those in the Explosive Removal trade may want to consider using a carrier.

SO what says the Forum? What day shall we designate as NBYBTW day? Be a trend setter ! Gain the admiration of fellow pet owners! July 10 ? It's not taken, as of yet, but those sneaky reptile owners... you never know!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I love the idea!

And... since I'm retired, I won't have to terrorize any workplaces with the Rb.
How about National "Stay at Home with Your Patagonian Condor" Day for me?

:)

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I have thought endlessly about bringing one of my birds to work.
As for the specific date, it should not be in the winter. Too many people live in the north where it's just too cold at that time. April/May would be a good time frame for spring.
if in the fall maybe October.

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
I'm a housewife. I take my birds to work every day.

Taprock

Oct 22, 2015
Northern l.p. Michigan
Parrots
Buzz - CAG,
Ziggy - Nanday/Sun Conure,
Jasper - Goffin
Loki - Starling
Gloria - Foster CAG
Great idea! I have taken many birds to work, not parrots and people love them. My director has told me a couple times to bring in a parrot, but a parrot in a library doesn't sound...quiet.

taprock-albums-birds-picture17929-image.jpeg

Most Reactions