Phoenix_Niko

Dec 19, 2017
Media
Parrots
Sun Conure
Hi all,
I've had a Sun Conure for the past two years and have recently noticed some changes in his behavior. He has become seemingly possessive over me now..? He is fine to go to my fiance when he's on me but more possessive like while he's on me doing as he pleases like he owns me- biting me, getting angry if I am doing ANYTHING with my hands and launching and jerking at my sleeves/clothes, etc.. he also SCREAMS for me. If he could talk I swear he would be DEMANDING I come to him NOW! The second he knows my presence anywhere in the house he is screaming (when I put my key in the door, when I step out of my bedroom).

I have tried covering him at intervals and rewarding him (by taking him out) once he has quieted down which seems to not work anymore, as he never quiets down if he knows I am near. It has come down to he simply can NOT be in his cage if anyone at all is home without screaming every few seconds NONSTOP. Does anyone have any suggestions? My fiance and I are planning to start a family in the near future and I am fearful that once a child comes into play he is going to be waking up a sleeping baby and even MORE demanding of me. Any and all advice is welcomed! I REALLY don't want to have to rehome him in the future so I'm willing to try everything.

(Thinking of trying to move his cage to the spare bedroom? Right now he is in the dining room- which is open floor plan with my kitchen with lots of natural light)

Thank you!

Most Reactions

Latest posts