Need BeeBee toy suggestions!

Beebee0221

Mar 15, 2022
Parrots
Bee Bee
Hi y’all! I have a male one year old bee bee parrot and I’ve had a hard time finding toys he’ll play with. He is afraid of large toys and won’t even approach a hanging toy. He likes when I break them apart so he can hold and chew just a piece of it. This makes his cage and perches very boring u less I’m there handing him broken toys :). Any suggestions for brands or specific toys? Thank you!

Attachments

• 19EAE832-C2E0-4052-867C-4A6C57941AC9.jpeg
    19EAE832-C2E0-4052-867C-4A6C57941AC9.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 76

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
My beebee loved bottlecaps, all colors. Small slices of paper towel tubes, and yeah, taking apart toys for Amazons with small wood pieces and let him have those. YOu can try going to a hobby shop or on line and get pieces of balsa wood and cut them to size for him, balsa is really soft and can be cut like with a bread knife.

Seeing your beebee brings back so many fond memories of my little Maxie, he was a great parrot and loved just about anyone who you give him a scratch. Smart too.

OP
Beebee0221

Beebee0221

Mar 15, 2022
Parrots
Bee Bee
My beebee loved bottlecaps, all colors. Small slices of paper towel tubes, and yeah, taking apart toys for Amazons with small wood pieces and let him have those. YOu can try going to a hobby shop or on line and get pieces of balsa wood and cut them to size for him, balsa is really soft and can be cut like with a bread knife.

Seeing your beebee brings back so many fond memories of my little Maxie, he was a great parrot and loved just about anyone who you give him a scratch. Smart too.
Thank you so much! Great suggestions! Im on it. I think you might need to get another bee bee. :)

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I could send you a stash of colorful bottle caps that my Quaker Willow has decided are terrifying…

I wash and bake sturdy pinecones for my birds to chew up. I have also made paper chains with white glue and let them destroy those. What else? My last Quaker loved to carry around and arrange, and sometimes bang and smash, small foot toys. She loved bottle caps and spools and straws. She also loved a set of stainless steel measuring spoons that rattled loudly.

Bird stores sell little shoes, cardboard bird bagels, rolling toys, foot toys, etc. i buy heavy kitty ball toys for my small birds. (The cheap ones I bet your beebee could chomp apart.). Little whiffle balls, Tiny boxes of raisins to chew open, Rubber duckies.

Hope this helps.

OP
Beebee0221

Beebee0221

Mar 15, 2022
Parrots
Bee Bee
You are too sweet! I appreciate the time you took to write such a thoughtful response. I will get all of these suggestions on order. He’s really hormonal and going through puberty so it’s good for him to take his aggressiveness out on some toys!! 🙃😂💓

Most Reactions