Need help with recall training

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
I've been working on recall training with my budgies for several months now. They're actually pretty good at it. They come almost immediately when I call them. However, they only come when we're actually doing a training session. Otherwise, they just look at me like, "Oh, you want us to fly to you? Well, it's not gonna happen." 😂 So, what can I do to get them to fly to me whenever I ask them to?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Try having a small treat when you ask for the recall. after awhile stop offering it every time and gradually reduce that to zero. May time a long time for the action to become an automatic response ( well most of the time - no parrot obeys 100% of the time).

OP
Inko-ai

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
Try having a small treat when you ask for the recall. after awhile stop offering it every time and gradually reduce that to zero. May time a long time for the action to become an automatic response ( well most of the time - no parrot obeys 100% of the time).
The thing is, I already offer millet every time. Usually they do anything for millet. They just don't come if they don't feel like it.

Most Reactions