Need someone to review this

southshore

Aug 15, 2014
Hi everyone! Thank you for taking out the time to go through my post. Someone has recommended Nutriblend pellets for my Indian Ringneck. I looked it up and it is rainbow colored so there is artificial color and there are 4 artificial flavors. This can't be a good feed can it? Would be grateful for your opinion. Kindly also recommend what you feel is the best possible pellets for Indian Ringnecks. Thank you.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
While there is a lot of products on the market, with varying amounts of all sorts of stuff in them, the best pellet is the one your parrot will eat! Tops. Harrisons are considered the "best", but in example my Salty will not touch either one.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I’m guessing the decent-quality pellet that you can reliably obtain may be your best bet.

OP
S

southshore

Aug 15, 2014
Thank you wrench13 and HeatherG for your input. I have Nutriblend pellets. Here are the nutritional details:

Whole grains (wheat, corn, soybean), soy protein, vegetable oils, and natural organic acids, Starch, Amino Acids (lysine & methionine), vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D3, E, H & K), Minerals (calcium, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, phosphorus potassium, selenium, sodium, sulphur and zinc), fruity flavours (Apple, blueberry & raspberry).

So what do you think? They are rainbow colored so there is a lot of food color as well. From experience with dog food artificially colored food is BAD and one should steer clear from it. Shouldn't it be the same for parrot feed?

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Thank you wrench13 and HeatherG for your input. I have Nutriblend pellets. Here are the nutritional details:

Whole grains (wheat, corn, soybean), soy protein, vegetable oils, and natural organic acids, Starch, Amino Acids (lysine & methionine), vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D3, E, H & K), Minerals (calcium, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, phosphorus potassium, selenium, sodium, sulphur and zinc), fruity flavours (Apple, blueberry & raspberry).

So what do you think? They are rainbow colored so there is a lot of food color as well. From experience with dog food artificially colored food is BAD and one should steer clear from it. Shouldn't it be the same for parrot feed?
Doesn't look the best... are there other pellets available with no colours?

If you feel comfortable, can you tell us where you're from? Then I can try find pellets/parrot food in your area online that is most ideal.

OP
S

southshore

Aug 15, 2014
Doesn't look the best... are there other pellets available with no colours?

If you feel comfortable, can you tell us where you're from? Then I can try find pellets/parrot food in your area online that is most ideal.
That you so much for taking interest! I have no issue telling you where I live-it's Pakistan

Most Reactions