so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I have been back in southern Oregon and hoping to go home to my flock soon.
As I sit looking at my wonderful view
image.jpg
I am waiting for the delivery of an E-bike I have on order.
We have a lot of stores close by and I find myself constantly making short trips (in a diesel car,not good for it) just to pick up a Rx or some pet supplies. I also think Bingo would love the experience of riding on bike in his pack o bird.
just for reference (and not to promote or advertise) I went with something called a Heybike Mars.
As I have not got it can’t exactly sing it’s praises yet.
Right now I just hope FedEx can find our place.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow, I would never get tired of that view! I hope FedEx finds you with no issues:)
I Googled the bikes, those are nice! I bet Bingo would love that!

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Wow-what a Fun-tastic view its looks amazing!
and hoping to go home to my flock soon.
That is every time I go on vacation i honestly after getting birds i am kinda avoiding vacations as best as i can it's just i don't trust people even though they have knowledge about birds you just feel like -idk i just feel that i don't trust them i feel they don't get my birds on something's
i hope too

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Wow, I would never get tired of that view!
oh I would get bored from any view because just looking at something(well, of course, i love to look at my birds but it's boring to just look at a view) because obviously i am a tween and it's just so boring.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
oh I would get bored from any view because just looking at something(well, of course, i love to look at my birds but it's boring to just look at a view) because obviously i am a tween and it's just so boring.
I remember being your age and I would have thought a view was boring after a few minutes as well. Then I grew up and came to appreciate those beautiful views. I have a feeling that someday you will, too:)

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
after a few minutes
A few mins? I would get bored after a few seconds.
Then I grew up and came to appreciate those beautiful views. I have a feeling that someday you will, too:)
Yaa, i know when i think about it now i think like when i grow and become an adult and I am like now ohh i will be a boring adult i will be so boring i just can't get how adults find views so amazing and that they will never get bored but sadly when i will become an adult i will be like i would never get bored from that view i just can't get it is so broingly (yaa just made up a new word)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
A few mins? I would get bored after a few seconds.

Yaa, i know when i think about it now i think like when i grow and become an adult and I am like now ohh i will be a boring adult i will be so boring i just can't get how adults find views so amazing and that they will never get bored but sadly when i will become an adult i will be like i would never get bored from that view i just can't get it is so broingly (yaa just made up a new word)
When you get older you will also realize that if you can't say something nice it's better not to say anything at all:)
Wes loves his view, and so do I, and I will bet most of our members do. I don't find any of us boring.
Let's get this back on track now, this has hijacked this thread enough.

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My view includes.
woodpeckers.
blue jays.
Canadian geese.
squirrels.
horses.
mules.
and a bunch of birds I can’t identify.
oh.
see red tailed hawks and some kind of turkey vulture..

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Wow, so many birds and animals! We have woodpeckers here, and lots of sparrows.
Oh, we do have hawks in some of our trees, and there was an owl who slept on out covered back porch for a couple of months.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Absolutely stunning! My view isn't nearly so gorgeous as yours, but since we're very rural here, we see tons of wildlife as well. No mules, but we have Amish neighbors who drive by in horse drawn buggies. :) Lots of smaller bird species, and hawks, bald eagles, turkeys, turkey vultures, then the occasional coyote, fox, skunk, porcupine, racoons, possum....... Oh, cows. Another neighbor bought a bunch of beef cows last year or so, and they didn't understand where they were the first day, so they went on a walkabout. 20-30 of them, right through my yard. It was early spring, and I still find holes from where they sunk in the mud 🤣 Perks of living in the middle of nowhere :)

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I grew up with a view like this and miss it every day! I can just smell that spring air seeing all that lovely green!!

I'm a big fan of electric bikes making cycling more accessible and more fun so congratulations on your pending non-feathered baby!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
my parents adore their e bikes!!!! They ride the hood every day! I want one!

The view is stunning ! Somehow I think our souls absorb the peace and majesty and it recharges us.

I never get tired of watching wild birds and try to see something new.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
As I sit looking at my wonderful view View attachment 39857I am waiting for the delivery of an E-bike I have on order.
We have a lot of stores close by and I find myself constantly making short trips (in a diesel car,not good for it) just to pick up a Rx or some pet supplies. I also think Bingo would love the experience of riding on bike in his pack o bird.
just for reference (and not to promote or advertise) I went with something called a Heybike Mars.
That IS a beautiful view, Wes, it looks a lot like dairy country on the Sunshine Coast hinterland here in south-east Queensland. Much nicer than my view in suburbia, I am well jealous of you, Wes!

Icca

Feb 1, 2022
As I sit looking at my wonderful view View attachment 39857I am waiting for the delivery of an E-bike I have on order.
Beautiful!

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I have had a chance to give my e-bike a 4 mile tryout as it was (as I had intended) intended.

I installed the rear basket and rode it to the pharmacy.
Some of the trip I cut through a dirt lot. Partly to try it out and partly to avoid narrow streets and heavy traffic.
Brought home my Rx and a gallon of milk no problemo.

As far as a review goes I feel more comfortable writing it up here even though it's not strictly relevant.

I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.
In a general sense it reminds me of my first motorcycle. a Yamaha 175 Induro (may not have the spelling right). It was both a street/dirt bike. It was a good Motorcycle but did neither street nor dirt well, just ok.

I think it's the same for this e-bike. You can take it into the dirt but don't try BMX style racing, I don't think it would hold out well.
Better suited to street riding but again there are better street only bikes out there with faster speed or longer range.

Couple of design issues I found that may be difficult to describe in text.

The clamp for adjusting the seat height interferes with removing and installing the battery. It's possible but the handle scrapes the batter case and makes for a tight fit.

The steering/handlebar column assembly I could not get to "go together" the way the vide shows and a torque value for the screw/bolt that holds the handlebar column in the correct orientation would be real nice. Having it come loos while riding would be embarrassingo_O

No chain guard.

And not a design issue but having some trouble with the derailer.
Chain keeps wanting to slip out of gear. Maybe needing some adjustment.

Most Reactions

Latest posts