New Art Academy Forum!

4Nines

Administrator
Apr 6, 2009
By popular demand, ParrotForums introduces Art Academy! An expressive forum showcasing your creativity including drawing, photography, painting, crochet/needlepoint, sculpture, graphics, and more! Share your artistry and innovation, learn new crafts and talents! Please conform with forum rules prohibiting personal and commercial sales either advertised or via external link. Members are required to become a paid Supporting Vendor in order to sell their artwork. If you are interested in becoming a Supporting Vendor with all the perks that come along with it, please reach out to a Moderator.

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Thanks to all moderators and admins and all you cool borbs for making this little artistic corner to happen!!! We'll make sure to keep 'em drawings and paintings commin'!!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thanks to all moderators and admins and all you cool borbs for making this little artistic corner to happen!!! We'll make sure to keep 'em drawings and paintings commin'!!!
Thank you for suggesting it! I think this will become one of my favourite forums, the members here are so incredibly talented.

Emeral

Sep 16, 2021
Parrots
Hanhs Macaw
Thank you Scott, for suggesting this forum and for "Mandatory preflight check complete, time to fly!!"

This is our morning walk with humble Emerald, showing off her wings as a preflight check routine.....

Station one, ready
Station two, ready
I AM ready!!!

Humble Emerald, our spoiled baby, is afraid of hight. She fly upstairs easily but prefer shoulder ride on the way down. When outside for a stroll, she loves the sky and the wind. But she gets shaken up flying down from a tall tree. Hence, OUTdoor preflight check for "indoor" morning flights
Screenshot_20211110-104808_Chrome.jpg

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I have never had any talent for artistic things.
My Sister had all the creative talent.
She could draw/sketch, paint,;
Play the piano or guitar (and other interments I cant recall).
I was once told by an armature photographer in the family that I had a talent for photography.
This is one of the closest photos I have that I consider "artistic" even though it was more accident than anything else,

wings in motion-edit.jpg

Hobs

Nov 9, 2021
Parrots
Green cheeked conure
Oil painting of an English village church, painted by me.
I love all kinds of mediums,but I think water soluble oils are my favourite.
Beautiful! I lived outside of Harrogate for two years and miss it every day.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thank you Scott, for suggesting this forum and for "Mandatory preflight check complete, time to fly!!"

This is our morning walk with humble Emerald, showing off her wings as a preflight check routine.....

Station one, ready
Station two, ready
I AM ready!!!

Humble Emerald, our spoiled baby, is afraid of hight. She fly upstairs easily but prefer shoulder ride on the way down. When outside for a stroll, she loves the sky and the wind. But she gets shaken up flying down from a tall tree. Hence, OUTdoor preflight check for "indoor" morning flightsView attachment 32030
Truly inspired image, thanks for posting here!!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
As I mentioned in my art submission it was my Sister that had all the artistic talent.
I don't think much art remains of my Sister's art. She passed away 2005 from a rare inherited disease (hyperoxaluria).

She drew this using what I think were called charcoal pencils when she (and I) were still in grammar school.
There is a very interesting back story to this picture but we nursed a cat with these markings back to health and donated it to the LA zoo.
clairyce.jpg

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
As I mentioned in my art submission it was my Sister that had all the artistic talent.
I don't think much art remains of my Sister's art. She passed away 2005 from a rare inherited disease (hyperoxaluria).

She drew this using what I think were called charcoal pencils when she (and I) were still in grammar school.
There is a very interesting back story to this picture but we nursed a cat with these markings back to health and donated it to the LA zoo.
View attachment 32107
Oh, I'm so sorry for the loss of your sister. My heart goes out to you ❤️
However, her art is beautiful! I love this picture you have decided to share with us :) Thanks!

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
meme out of a real story.

Attachments

• DRAWINGS 01-Sketches-5.jpg
    DRAWINGS 01-Sketches-5.jpg