Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
SO my son's were over yesterday to rehearse,and we had the patio door open it was so nice out. I guess this sparrow wandered in, because this morning,going downstairs to the studio, there is this little sparrow sitting on the first step. 'Not cheeping, just hanging out. I scooped it up and set it outside in the grass. Checked a few minutes later and it was gone. Just another day in the looneybin.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I had a sparrow encounter some years ago.
On my trip back from vacation in Oregon I stopped at a rest stop.
Standing at a vending machine i saw a reflection of movement.
When I turned around about two feet in front of me was this little sparrow.
I reached down and he stepped right up onto my finger.
My mind went into overdrive, take him home/leave him alone.
I thought a bird so trusting was in danger but I could not take him away from his friends/family.
I bought a bag of cheese -it’s and left him a pile
Never forget that little encounter.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hmm, I wonder if that 'Parrot Choosing You' thing applies to all Birds! If so, that would imply that Eagles are about to show up at our front doors. :D

It's baby time of year in the Great White North and they show-up all over the place. Enjoy the moment (or a couple) with the little ones, as they fly into and out of our lives. Kinda provides insight as to how Birds first came into the life of Humans.

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I very briefly thought about the 'house' sparrow of one of our members but almost immediately discarded that idea. I also went upstairs and thoroughly washed and disinfected my hands, because nothing, and I mean nothing, will ever introduce a dangerous situation to Salty. Much as I love birds, I simply will not take a chance with him. Felt pretty good releasing him and like I said he was gone in a matter of minutes. THis one may be part of the family that returns every year to make their nest under the AC unit of my bedroom, much to the annoyance of Mrs Wrench.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I had a sparrow encounter some years ago.
On my trip back from vacation in Oregon I stopped at a rest stop.
Standing at a vending machine i saw a reflection of movement.
When I turned around about two feet in front of me was this little sparrow.
I reached down and he stepped right up onto my finger.
My mind went into overdrive, take him home/leave him alone.
I thought a bird so trusting was in danger but I could not take him away from his friends/family.
I bought a bag of cheese -it’s and left him a pile
Never forget that little encounter.

I believe encounters with angels comes in many forms!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Hmm, I wonder if that 'Parrot Choosing You' thing applies to all Birds! If so, that would imply that Eagles are about to show up at our front doors. :D

It's baby time of year in the Great White North and they show-up all over the place. Enjoy the moment (or a couple) with the little ones, as they fly into and out of our lives. Kinda provides insight as to how Birds first came into the life of Humans.

I was mowing the lawn last week..took a breakcand sat in a chair in the garage drinking water..I think the vibration of the mower aggro's worms and grubs and they come to the surface. Anyway a flock of starlings landed and started munching. I could tell there were fledglings coz they were chasing their momma's with beaks open. I sat still watching as two youngsters came into the garage. They looked right at me,beak's wide open,chirping away,then turned and ran out of the garage.

Jim

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

I was mowing the lawn last week..took a breakcand sat in a chair in the garage drinking water..I think the vibration of the mower aggro's worms and grubs and they come to the surface. Anyway a flock of starlings landed and started munching. I could tell there were fledglings coz they were chasing their momma's with beaks open. I sat still watching as two youngsters came into the garage. They looked right at me,beak's wide open,chirping away,then turned and ran out of the garage.

Jim

Well of course they did! Clearly you failed to ask if they wanted to go for ride, in the car! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts