-

OP
F

Felemmm

Nov 26, 2021
Thank you so much. I hope he gets to live the best life possiblešŸ’ššŸ¦œ
Great news! Been following your thread. A blessing on you for taking on this little guy. Every parrot deserves to have the best chances to lead full and healthy life, and you are certainly helping that happen for hi

benbfishin

Nov 16, 2015
Melshak, I'm so terribly sorry you are going through this, I feel just awful for you. Nothing worse in my opinion than the worry we feel when our babies are sick. Thank goodness you were able to get proper medical care for him so promptly!

I'm sorry I don't have any particular advice or insight for you, just prayers that whatever is wrong is treatable and every good wish for a full recovery. Sending warmest of feathered hugs and strength for your and your baby, please keep us updated šŸ™
My scarlett has bono...and you wouldn't know..he was lucky put on medication...and is doing great..with proper care it can not be cured but can be controlled. I commend you for wanting to keep him, and do not fear...you can give him a happy and long life . I was very worried as you are at first, but I am very blessed to have him. Regular check ups with a good vet will be extreamly important, but we'll worth it.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
great news! Nutrition issues and infections are a big deal in fast growing and developing babies. Hoping for continue recovery and long happy life
How about a picture? Love to see your baby.

OP
F

Felemmm

Nov 26, 2021
My scarlett has bono...and you wouldn't know..he was lucky put on medication...and is doing great..with proper care it can not be cured but can be controlled. I commend you for wanting to keep him, and do not fear...you can give him a happy and long life . I was very worried as you are at first, but I am very blessed to have him. Regular check ups with a good vet will be extreamly important, but we'll worth it.
Thank you for the kind words, I really just want him to molt as all of his feathers have stress marks on it and havenā€™t developed properly . I feel bad everytime I look at his feathers as I know he wasnā€™t weaned/ given adequate nutrition as a baby. Iā€™m glad to hear Scarlett will lead a good life with such good care from you ā¤ļø also relieving to know bono is manageable!!!

benbfishin

Nov 16, 2015
Hello, good ish news! They donā€™t want to test for bornia because they have concluded he has a developmental delay in his stomach which can be managed and doesnā€™t affect his life span. I AM SO relieved. Vet said bornia is misdiagnosed a lot and it is gastroparesis instead so that was my birds diagnosis. I am relieved because at least I know it is not a death sentence.
So happy to hear...may I congradulate you..your bird is truly lucky to have you.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Iā€™m reading this very lateā€¦lots of issues can cause gastric slowing especially in a young bird. Like bacterial overgrowth, different illnesses, painā€¦Iā€™m glad you found it wasnā€™t bornavirus.

Most Reactions

Latest posts