New bird: Meet Papaya!

animalgirl555

Dec 28, 2023
Parrots
Mango
I finally got a companion for Mango. Meet Papaya! I just got him today, and I'm excited to see what kind of bird he turns out to be. He is currently in a small temporary quarantine cage.
Any advice on how to introduce two birds, (after the quarantine period and taming) it'll be greatly appreciated!
20240119_194940.jpg

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I finally got a companion for Mango. Meet Papaya! I just got him today, and I'm excited to see what kind of bird he turns out to be. He is currently in a small temporary quarantine cage.
Any advice on how to introduce two birds, (after the quarantine period and taming) it'll be greatly appreciated!
View attachment 57300
What a cutie!

If you want to introduce them after quarantine, I'd suggest just keeping their cages in the same area so that they will get used to each other. It's been a while since I got any new birds so I don't have that much advice sadly. Hopefully someone else will. Good luck!

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
View attachment 57300
i love lovebirds:ROFLMAO:

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
View attachment 57300
Ah his gorgeous I love those colours.
I would reiterate what someone said above. Keep them in separate cages in the same room for a while. Observe and monitor their behaviours and when you think their ready you can put them together. They will bicker a bit probably but as long as their not always at it or biting each other that it's ok. Hopefully they love each other

Most Reactions

Latest posts