New Cage

birdiemama

May 11, 2020
Las Vegas
Parrots
Doobie, a Pineapple Green Cheek Conure baby about 6 weeks old (on May 11, 2020)
Well, I broke down and bought Doobie a new cage - twice the size of the 'entry level" cage he came with. Wow! He LOVES it! There is plenty of room for him to explore; a couple different feed stations and water stations; toys etc. My goal is to get Doobie to stay on his cage when I have the door open. His absolute favorite thing to do is to fly and land on my head. I no like that! Every time he lands on my head I put him back on his cage, or the ladder to his cage and say, "Go home."

One of his favorite toys is a little plastic cat-ball with a bell in it. I put one on top of the cage and he throws it off. I put it back - he throws it off. Sooooo, I figured out how to keep it on top of his cage by securing it with a pipe cleaner. Now he can throw it all he wants and I don't have to chase it! lol

Also, I do believe he is finally weaned! I have not given him birdie formula for two days now and he isn't asking for it. YAY!

I am enjoying this little guy so much. It is fun to see his personality emerge. We still have nipping/biting issues, but they are getting better every day as we deal with them on an instance by instance basis.

I'd like to teach Doobie to 'dance'. He just looks at me strangely when I do the head-bob. Is there a trick to this?

Anyway, that's it for now. Have a fabulous day everybody.:gcc:

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Aw, it sounds like you are bonding nicely with Doobie :). With music, I found that I had to try lots of different genres and all of my conures like different music lol. Mine don’t dance at all to things they don’t like, but bop like crazy when they hear something that appeals to them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts