new cockatiel owner

nabilsaw123

Jun 13, 2020
hey guys my name is nabil and im a new cockatiel owner. i have multiple questions if can anyone help me out with concerning the cockatiel's behavior and ways to tame them. i have 2 cockatiels 1 male and 1 female, the female flied into my house randomly and we had it in a cage and tried to search for their true owner but no result came back so we ended up keeping her. After 2 days i brought her a male cockatiel to keep her company when im out and theres multiple things thats been happening that tells me they're not going along but i need help to know wether this is true or not. if can anyone please help me it would mean a lot cause just like i mentioned i have multiple questions about the cockatiels behavior and how to deal with them and keep them happy. thank you for your time. <3 :grey:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums, Nabil! Cockatiels are generally mellow and respond well to taming, but there are exceptions! Unfortunately there are no guarantees two birds of a species will like each other and get along. You may ultimately be forced to separate into two cages and enjoy them individually.

Please ask questions of the specific behaviors, we may have answers! This thread may help build trust and bonding; http://www.parrotforums.com/general-parrot-information/49144-tips-bonding-building-trust.html

OP
N

nabilsaw123

Jun 13, 2020
can anyone send me an email ....
so that we can communicate easier and so that i ask him questions concerning my cockatiels?

EDIT: Anyone wishing to contact this member directly, please PM a Moderator and we will be happy to assist, thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

Latest posts