New conures

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Clark actually passed away from an accident about a month ago it was a few days after the last picture/video/post I took of her with her the budgie cage.... I fixed the offending item, but well crap we were together for like 5 years. I actually kept her in freezer for a few weeks so I could bury her next to the bush she helped me plant. I hoped I didn't die in a car wreck in between that and the snow melting so I could finally lay her to rest.

She may not have been pleasant to others (vets) but she loved me, and I loved her unconditionally.

I went to look at some craigslist cockatiels in person and was like nope. I have some budgies now and these are to bitey.

I was on that side of town so I decided since I was so far into the city to hit an exclusive "bird only" pet store in Minneapolis.

I toured around looked at some IRNs some other types of conures and even a toucan. Greys macaws, every breed really etc.

Then near the counter was the baby terrarium.

I was talking to the owner about ....stuff... then the terrarium with the BABY sun conures, cinnamon GCCs, and lovebirds had the top removed.

I dipped my arm down and all these birds were obviously hand raised; and came to my hand. One especially, a cinnamon GCC. And it was climbing up my arm to be with me. It felt weird because I didn't ask so put it back after a bit but the store owner was like "yep he likes you" and I had to admit yep a "parrot picks its owner" and he was like "yes".

The rub is there is also a sun conure in the baby cage and they get along I watched them snuggle together. They are all almost weened the GCC is now weened and the sun conure maybe friday, tomorrow. I DO NOT know how they would get along LATER. And I know and told the guy I know I can't bring them home on separate days as the GCC will take control of the cage and they will never get along well again.....I've been there. That's just fact.

Oh forgot to mention the sun conure was also lovey and... I kinda want both and CAN afford both.

Still have quaker and the 6 budgies. Might put the baby budgies with the baby conures so the quaker stops picking on them.. She does a bit because they sometimes sit on shoulder.

I think I'm dead set on the cinnamon GCC. Like tomorrow.

Been reading posts in archive but nothing this specific circumstance.

Can a sun and cinnamon GCC that get along as babies keep it up?

Will it interfere with them both being shoulder birds? Clark and Zod were both shoulder birds but same species basically, but there was a lot of jealousy.

Not for nothing the more I type this out the more I think I should just get the Cinnamon.

maybe all I needed was this writing exercise..... This is literally coming to me now.

So anyways here's the pics.....

Not for nothing the sun conure pics do not do her justice she was all letting me head scratch and has the most beautiful blue on her tail. More mad I stopped petting her/him (The GCC next to the Sun is not the same bird in the first picture....)

Anyways this is my place here right now.

Attachments

• 20220319_140113.jpg
    20220319_140113.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 20220319_140117.jpg
    20220319_140117.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 20220319_140118.jpg
    20220319_140118.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 94
OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
also I have an upstairs cage, downstairs the budgie cage scuti likes to be in, and a neutral cage next to it. I also got an atrium huge cage for like 35 bucks, retail over a hundred off craigslist, I just thought would be a good deal to buy. I so I can later separate... I just wouldn't like to.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'm so very sorry about Clark ....what a special girl...I know how very painful to loose one. Huge hugs.

Yes a sun and gcc can get along for life , most especially as together as babies. Hsve checked out beak beak house of love flock? I think they are adorable! Go for it!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Oh, wowwwwwwwwwwww... I am so, so, so sorry. Clark was a member of our family here. I cared about that little bird. Thanks for telling us.
Best of luck and happiness, however you go forward.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
For refreshing cuteness between sun and gcc

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Oh gosh, I'm sorry about Clark.

I think I meet 10 birds I want to take home every time I've been in that store :)
YOU go to the egyptian parrot shop?

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
I'll be there at 12:30 tomorrow (i'm salary now I set my own hours). it looks like and I didn't think others would agree.....I might be getting two conures.... If you all think it will work....I might just plunge it.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
I literally told my staff of like 5 people.....I don't care don't bug me tomorrow, I will be gone around noon, just do your jobs. They get it.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
so.......... just to be clear....buying both a sun and a cinnamon GCC not a bad idea if they are currently cuddling together......

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Usually so. They are like siblings gotten together. Like I'm not taking any blame you know? But I think very high chances if always being buddies.. ❤

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
I will probably have plenty of pictures tomorrow..... Might even make a video of the awesome Minneapolis shop. The guy really is into raising parrots....and I mean hand raising them and boarding them.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I'm hoping Scuti gets in on the love.
Looking forward to all the cuteness overload 😊
Do they preen each other? That's a huge love sign

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
Clark was a warrior, I watched her put the quaker in a suplex grabbing her neck features and throwing her over her back. Going backwards with her off my arm. This is not embellishment it happened.

I just hope thinks settle down with a baby gcc. I'm so amped up I'm sorry if I'm annoying.... I'm just so ready to get some new babys.

I think it will be more civil.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
clark was aggressive, a new baby I think maybe harmony? IDK

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Well this stresses me out....because its not what I've seen..

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
oh if cottonoid beats met to the parrot store and takes my birds....I will peck him in the face to death. With my beak.... I don't want to.... but sometimes you just have do whats needed. otherwise we can hang out and play games and etc. together. Online or board games with birds moving the pieces without permission. Basically lets have a drink sometime.

Most Reactions