New Guest! + Titan & Kelly

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
So Lacey whose owner posted on here about needing some help with her first macaw she inherited is staying with me for a little bit. Macaw boot camp is what Lisa, the owner, is calling it!

When I went to visit Lacey she was obviously cage bound and not 100% on the step up. So I offered to work with her on the cage bound issue & step up, so it’s easier for a first time parrot owner to work with her. Got blood while I was there for her to send in & results are clean. Lacey is also a boy!

But I picked him up last night and going well enough so far! Since he was already stressed out last night I gave him a bath since he really needed one. He was not a fan of that...
bPmxmmv.jpg

g0TNIH2.jpg

R2Lx9XB.jpg

He did eventually relax & start grooming!
[ame="https://youtu.be/uispr-fxioE"]Lacey - YouTube[/ame]

This morning, he almost stepped up from the cage but panicked last minute. Which caused Titan to scold him for quite awhile lol. He is learning step up from the chair this morning, where apparently the more confident brat macaw appears, and has the step up down with me for now since the bratty macaw look doesn’t work on me. He is still pulling it on everyone else at the moment haha
[ame="https://youtu.be/yRwBXb0pumE"]Lacey Up - YouTube[/ame]

And trying to get him to do wings. He got insanely excited but has no idea what we want. And my bird Titan being his weird self on the ground.
[ame="https://youtu.be/ju90KJuRufg"]Lacey & Titan - YouTube[/ame]

And of course some Titan & Kelly!
dW6tQs7.jpg

CfFT9IP.jpg

ObQFBXT.jpg

cnEHsTE.jpg

9MaUBxn.jpg

Titan playing with his recycled toy instead of a 50 dollar one. Cheapest bird in the house to entertain. Give him his plastic box with a bunch of cardboard thrown in & a plastic bottle. Entertained for life the weirdo.
[ame="https://youtu.be/MmDiwpuxOpI"]Titan - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Good to hear from you! I love Titan videos. Thank you for helping out a new owner!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I remember your kind outreach to Lisa and Lacey! I'm sure you'll be a superb Boot Camp instructor ably assisted by Titan!!

Love the videos and pics, especially of Titan. Such a well adjusted and playful soul!!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
He is doing so well! I thought I might have to keep him here for a month or more to work through the nerves but he has stepped up twice out of the cage now without much issue. I think he’ll only need to stay 2 weeks to mostly build up some confidence with the step up & I’ll have Lisa over to help her figure out some of the interactions. With 3 macaws here she’ll get it down easy!

Lisa’s friend who got the complete opposite of a macaw which is an overconfident bully brat. Which just means she got the pure scarlet who has been able to push around people all its life & is quite proud of it. I think that’s the most confident stubborn bitey brat of a scarlet I’ve ever met. She’ll have her work cut out for her with that one lol I offered to boot camp that one after testing comes back & Lisas macaw is back home. I love brat macaws just makes it interesting!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Tada! Cage bound bird coming on out! He is coming along pretty well. Even though I stuffed an iPad with the flashlight on in his face to get the video & he was like what is your problem:18: Titan in the background complaining about random birds in his room getting attention.
[ame="https://youtu.be/1g9jIhTFnH8"]Lacey/Bird in Cage - YouTube[/ame]

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Lisa’s friend who got the complete opposite of a macaw which is an overconfident bully brat. Which just means she got the pure scarlet who has been able to push around people all its life & is quite proud of it. I think that’s the most confident stubborn bitey brat of a scarlet I’ve ever met. She’ll have her work cut out for her with that one lol I offered to boot camp that one after testing comes back & Lisas macaw is back home. I love brat macaws just makes it interesting!

That's gonna be fun, you should make a miniseries!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Bird is back home for almost 2 weeks now & is doing well!

Here he is hanging out on his new Java tree that Lisa sent me:)
k7xY1Qk.jpg

AScG0C1.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts