New here from England!

RainbowFlo

Jul 28, 2020
London
Hey everyone! My name's Estella and I'm currently in the process of doing final prepping for bringing home a baby tiel :yellow1: I've found so many posts on here helpful by lurking (thank you!) so I thought I might as well join :) I plan to perhaps foster/adopt other birdies in the future, perhaps small conures- would love to help a birdie in need! :) I'm looking forward to learning from the experts here, trying out new vendors and seeing everyone's cute birdies!

~ Estella :p

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Welcome to the forums Estella! Glad you're here, and that you've found useful information. There's lots to be had. I was a lurker for a while as well at the beginning, but had to join in on the amazing community we have here. While I don't think anyone here would consider themselves an "expert'" there are many bird loving folks with tons of experience and knowledge, and are happy to share. You need only ask. Looking forward to hearing about your new addition to the family, and thank you for considering birds in need in the future! I'm personally I huge fan of rescues, and all of mine have been rescues or re-homes.

Oh, when the time comes, we love pictures here!

NandyNando

Jul 11, 2020
Virginia, USA
Parrots
Fernando: Greenwing Macaw
Salutations!! Thank you for considering to adopt/foster a bird in the future, it's how I've found my Birdnando. :07:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome Estella, thanks for joining! Thrilled to have another cockatiel parront, you are in good company. Kudos for preparation and seeking advice, we're here to assist!!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
hello and welcome! Here is a link I posted for someone who found a bird--if you scroll down, you will see the new bird-owners post that is so important. I hope you will take the time to read it (it's the 3rd post down, including OP's original message)
http://www.parrotforums.com/quakers/86918-unexpected-new-quaker-need-help.html

Also- love that you want to adopt in the future. I would suggest waiting until you have your baby bird for at least a year before getting others, as they can change a lot at sexual maturity and you can't be sure that 2 birds will get along.

Most Reactions

Latest posts