new here hi everyone , need help with budgie

fluffy123

Mar 19, 2022
hi everyone

I have a budgie I saved yesterday , he was with 2 other budgies that didn't like him and bullied him allot.
he has a bold spot on his head and his beak or nostril is caved in , he is 7 years old b.t.w

I am hoping i can do something for him regarding his feather loss and his poor beak he only have 1 nostril open
hard to explain sorry, anyway I'm hoping you guys have more knowledge than me and can give me advice

D

Deleted member 42416

hi everyone

I have a budgie I saved yesterday , he was with 2 other budgies that didn't like him and bullied him allot.
he has a bold spot on his head and his beak or nostril is caved in , he is 7 years old b.t.w

I am hoping i can do something for him regarding his feather loss and his poor beak he only have 1 nostril open
hard to explain sorry, anyway I'm hoping you guys have more knowledge than me and can give me advice
Hello Fluffy and welcome!

What a wonderful thing you have done saving this poor little guy!

Would you be able to send a picture or short video of him?

Is he eating and playing?

OP
F

fluffy123

Mar 19, 2022
He is eating and moving around but he is scared understandable , I have another KK budgie and he is trying to be nice to him and feeding him and everything seems to be great so far, I'm just so sad about his beak it's really hard to get a picture of it right now but hope you can see a bit on this one

Attachments

• 20220319_082724.jpg
    20220319_082724.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20220319_082938.jpg
    20220319_082938.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 70

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
and he may have mites or other infection
Budgies do molt, however, this does not look like a typical molt. You would need to have he physically examined by your veterinarian or an experienced avian veterinarian to definitively diagnose mites or other infections.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
You need to try and get him to an avian vet.. his friend as well as he might also have the same issue as him but not showing symptoms yet

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
A veterinarian is a good idea, he looks like he might not feel well. Other burds will pick on ones that are sick to drive them away, and keep flock healthy. OR IT just be males squabble over females.

Keep us updated. He looks very handsome. I'm glad he has you now

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
BLESS YOU for rescuing this darling. You are on my HEROES LIST. I am so glad you found us. ANNNND even more glad that your bird found you!
9lhIlM0.jpg

OP
F

fluffy123

Mar 19, 2022
thank you for the kind words

He is doing ok the vet said he is pretty good for weight but I should give him time to calm down and see if his feathers will grow back , about his beak the vet said that maybe it will grow a bit back but will never be the same it likely got broken by the other birds he was living with .

He is doing better now and my bird loves him so much already . He is feeding him and singing for him and even sleeping side by side so cute

Most Reactions